Red Cross

Guest Jtf

Question

Hello,

I bought SoftBank corp in my ISA a few weeks back but I notice that it's had a Red Cross next to the ticker since then and the prices don't seem to update. I can't trade it now either..

Why is this?

Thanks

J

11 answers to this question

Hi   Important question. If no one in the community can answer you are more likely to get a response from an IG moderator who could answer or at least pass it on to approp peeps if you include in your message a link to their inbox by adding  @ *person* to one of the IG staffers as in    or     or  

cheers

Out of interest how does SoftBank appear in your ISA? I believe it's the 9984.de in the Xetra market. If I look at other German shares they look normal and tradable - it's just Softbank.

I've also noticed a price of €999999999.0 on occasions for this share on my ISA overview. If you could execute my shares at that level I'll quite happily retire now...

Ha, well done, if only you could execute. Seems to be a weekend data feed anomaly by IG, have you looked at any other feed for this market? 

I don't hold softbank but know they are a keen funder of interesting startup companies. I know they have been in the news in the last 6 months odd but can't remember why.

soft1.PNG

It's been like it for a couple of weeks though. Still the same today.

It's my exposure to Asian firms. The guy that heads it up reminds me of Elon Musk so you can expect ambitious and positive news flow.

please help

Hi , thanks for the post and apologies you are having trouble with the particular listing in your portfolio.  I have contacted our equities desk and corporate actions team to see if they can shed some light on this and resolve it.  I'm aware there has been an intermittent pricing issue on XETRA stocks today, but am waiting for a full answer and will revert as soon as I can!

Thanks for your patience, and  for your input.

Hannah

Have a question? Try searching the community to see if it has already been answered.

Hello again ,

Our equities desk have now confirmed that SoftBank Corp has ceased trading on XETRA and now trades on a Frankfurt exchange which we do not offer on the platform, hence why it has switched to being offline.  If you'd like to trade out of your position, please do call the dealing desk on 0207 896 0000 so a dealer can do so for you, but please note that there would be a phone commission charge to cover the very manual process involved for us to trade on this exchange.

I hope this answers your question, and apologies for any confusion caused.  Do let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Thanks,

Hannah

Have a question? Try searching the community to see if it has already been answered.

Hi ,

Thanks for your help here. Isn't phone commission in the region of £40 per trade? It's a little unfair given that it's a service that you are not providing.

I think the least that IG could have done in such a situation is notify customers that shares will be switching to a different market. (I know you can't control this but the team knew).

I'll maintain my position now. If it compounds at an annual rate of 10% over 20 years then the £40 will be small change.

Thanks

James

Hi again ,

I appreciate your comment about the justification for charging phone commission in such circumstances, thanks for your feedback here. The issue is, as an exchange re-listing like this is out of our control, we ourselves do suffer from the increase in broker charges for executing any trade unfortunately!  We'd always be happy to look at trades on a case-by-case basis though, so please do contact the helpdesk when you're looking to trade and they can take a look for you.

Thanks again,

Hannah

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• Fits in well with my cycle low expectation  
    • Natural Gas Mode - Impulsive  Structure - Impulse Wave  Position - Wave (iii) of 5 Direction - Wave (iii) of 5 still in play   Details:  Price now in wave iii as it attempts to breach 1.65 wave i low. Wave (iii) is still expected to extend lower in an impulse.   Natural Gas is currently breaching the previous April low, marking a decisive move as the impulse initiated on 5th March continues its downward trajectory, further extending the overarching impulse wave sequence that commenced back in August 2022. This decline is anticipated to persist as long as the price remains below the critical resistance level of 2.012.   Zooming in on the daily chart, we observe the medium-term impulse wave originating from August 2022, which is persisting in its downward trend after completing its 4th wave - delineated as primary wave 4 in blue (circled) - at 3.666 in October 2023. Presently, the 5th wave, identified as primary blue wave 5, is underway, manifesting as an impulse at the intermediate degree in red. It is envisaged that the price will breach the February 2024 low of 1.533 as wave 5 of (3) seeks culmination before an anticipated rebound in wave (4). This confluence of price movements underscores the bearish sentiment prevailing over Natural Gas in the medium term.   Analyzing the H4 chart, we initiated the impulse wave count for wave (3) from the level of 2.012, which marks the termination point of wave 4. Notably, price action formed a 1-2-1-2 structure, with confirmation established at 1.65 and invalidation set at 2.012. The confirmation of our anticipated direction materialized as price breached the 1.65 mark, signifying a resumption of bearish momentum. Presently, there appears to be minimal resistance hindering the bears, thereby reinstating their dominance in the market. It is projected that wave iii of (iii) of 5 will manifest around 1.43, indicative of the potential for the wave 5 low to extend to 1.3 or even lower. This comprehensive analysis underscores the prevailing bearish outlook for Natural Gas in the immediate future.       Technical Analyst : Sanmi Adeagbo Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!
    • TXN Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge Daily Chart, Texas Instruments Inc., (TXN) Daily Chart TXN Elliott Wave Technical Analysis   FUNCTION: Trend MODE: Impulsive STRUCTURE: Motive POSITION: Intermediate (1) DIRECTION: Acceleration in wave 3.   DETAILS: Looking for upside in wave 3 as we seem to have had a shallow wave {c} of 2, potentially indicating a strong upward momentum.       TXN Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge 4Hr Chart, Texas Instruments Inc., (TXN) 4Hr Chart TXN Elliott Wave Technical Analysis   FUNCTION: Trend MODE: Impulsive STRUCTURE: Motive POSITION: Wave {i} of 3. DIRECTION: Top in wave {i}. DETAILS: Looking for a pullback in wave {ii} as we top in wave {i} to then look for additional longs, looking for 172$ to provide support. We conducted a detailed Elliott Wave analysis for Texas Instruments Inc. (Ticker: TXN), examining both its daily and 4-hour chart movements. This analysis aims to provide valuable insights into potential future price movements for traders and investors interested in TXN stock.     * TXN Elliott Wave Technical Analysis – Daily Chart* Texas Instruments Inc. is currently exhibiting a strong impulsive trend, characterized by a motive structure placed in Intermediate wave (1). The stock is anticipated to experience acceleration in wave 3 following a shallow wave {c} of 2. This suggests a robust upward momentum, signaling favorable conditions for bullish positions. * TXN Elliott Wave Technical Analysis – 4Hr Chart* On the 4-hour chart, TXN's impulsive trend is further evident, with the stock positioned in Wave {i} of 3. As the stock approaches the top in wave {i}, a pullback is expected in wave {ii}. This corrective phase presents an opportunity for traders to consider additional long positions, with the key support level identified around $172.   Technical Analyst : Alessio Barretta   Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
us