A novice, trading with profit on demo only made this HUGE mistake

Dasanudasar32

Question

I was daft enough to think I could short on twitter overnight, Sunday 6th Nov to Monday 7th Nov.. Thinking the de-listing was happening on Tuesday 8th.

My (demo) cash is still tied up in the deal, which did not go through. The price seems to have jumped below my expectations and therefore did not complete. I am not unfamiliar with this issue. 

However, I cannot delete the order. It seems stuck, waiting for completion. And now twitter are delisting from tomorrow, I am stuck in a quandary. My (demo) capital is tied up and I sincerely hope this mess has not happened to anyone investing their hard earned money on a similar but 'real' deal. See screenshot. Please be kind.... More than just a rookie error I am sure :D

Screenshot_20221107-183018.jpg

1 answer to this question

14 hours ago, Dasanudasar32 said:

I was daft enough to think I could short on twitter overnight, Sunday 6th Nov to Monday 7th Nov.. Thinking the de-listing was happening on Tuesday 8th.

My (demo) cash is still tied up in the deal, which did not go through. The price seems to have jumped below my expectations and therefore did not complete. I am not unfamiliar with this issue. 

However, I cannot delete the order. It seems stuck, waiting for completion. And now twitter are delisting from tomorrow, I am stuck in a quandary. My (demo) capital is tied up and I sincerely hope this mess has not happened to anyone investing their hard earned money on a similar but 'real' deal. See screenshot. Please be kind.... More than just a rookie error I am sure :D

Screenshot_20221107-183018.jpg

Hi @Dasanudasar32

We won't be able to delete the order but we can reset the demo account to 10,000 GBP with no working orders or open positions. If you are comfortable with this option, we will proceed with resetting your demo account. All the best, OfentseIG