New "add funds" system doesn't allow any amount for margin call. This is URGENT

thesarayiahpost

Question

Dear Sir/Madam

You have recently updated the payment system on IG trading platform on the website. However, this has now stopped the ability to add funds of any amount when on margin call.  This needs to be rectified as this is a major problem as can lead to delay in adding funds as now the only way to do so if adding below £250 is to call in and lead to positions being closed.  When on margin call it has always been the position of IG that you can add any amount to cover that margin call as it should be.

The same problem is also on the app, but that wasn't too much of an issue before as you could always log in to the web platform and make a margin payment. However, now this is a major issue.

Imagine recently when crypto was crashing - a lot of people would have been on margin call - and due to the new system they would have been closed out due to the inability to cover that margin unless paying in £250 or more.

Please rectify this with urgency.

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, thesarayiahpost said:

Dear Sir/Madam

You have recently updated the payment system on IG trading platform on the website. However, this has now stopped the ability to add funds of any amount when on margin call.  This needs to be rectified as this is a major problem as can lead to delay in adding funds as now the only way to do so if adding below £250 is to call in and lead to positions being closed.  When on margin call it has always been the position of IG that you can add any amount to cover that margin call as it should be.

The same problem is also on the app, but that wasn't too much of an issue before as you could always log in to the web platform and make a margin payment. However, now this is a major issue.

Imagine recently when crypto was crashing - a lot of people would have been on margin call - and due to the new system they would have been closed out due to the inability to cover that margin unless paying in £250 or more.

Please rectify this with urgency.

Hi @thesarayiahpost

Thank you for taking our call. This issue is currently under investigation. An update will be posted soon. All the best, OfentseIG

On 15/11/2022 at 16:07, OfentseIG said:

Hi there, we are currently in contact with the relevant team. We will post an update once received. All the best, OfentseIG

Hi OfentselG, I realise you are trying, but this is a real issue. For example, I have been on the phone now to IG and on hold for over 8 minutes. Imagine if that was for a margin call.  Please escalate this. Also can you provide me with the contact details for someone senior in UK Head Office, who I can contact please by email regarding this.

7 minutes ago, thesarayiahpost said:

Hi OfentselG, I realise you are trying, but this is a real issue. For example, I have been on the phone now to IG and on hold for over 8 minutes. Imagine if that was for a margin call.  Please escalate this. Also can you provide me with the contact details for someone senior in UK Head Office, who I can contact please by email regarding this.  EDIT- I was on hold for 16 mins and then the line went dead. This is, I am sure you would agree, completely unacceptable.