Sign in to follow this  

Oil

Interesting oil chart from Michael Boutros's webinar this morning. 

He has taken the price action of the recovery after the 2009 major low and placed it on top of the most recent 2016 major low.

Good correlation and flagging up a possible correction coming soon. 

oil2.PNGoil3.PNG

Holy ***** you’re a better man than me if you’ve been riding this since ~30 bucks

Good one!

I remember trading 3LOI ETF at the beginning of last year when we were around the 32 USD mark. Probably a massively bad tradeidea but I went in a bit big and rode it out, booked profit, saw a pull back and ringed and repeat. Obviously you don’t want to hold too much with time decay but all in all... we had a good holiday that year.

notes in the EMEA brief this morning and my comment :) We gonna be going long oil on the next pull back or have we topped out?

• Great! 1

A look at the weekly chart of US Oil shows the 74 level is significant previous support turned resistance and the gap up to start the week shows a willingness to keep testing the zone.

Will be interesting to see how seriously the middle eastern OPEC countries take Trump's not so veiled threat that US military support in the region is not unconditional in his recent tweet and stating OPEC was a cartel and the price of oil was too high.

1402222161_USOIL()Weekly.thumb.png.743f0a89a8622461f81320d9c5e1ccfc.png

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    Kliffer
    Joined 20/01/19 18:15
  • Our picks

• What's wrong with predictions?
      Join the IG conversation on Community. "There's lots of talk about 'the smart money' banks, institutions, pension funds and the like but not much about the others side of the coin, 'the dumb money', why is that - it's because they just aren't influential to the market. The collective size of the dumb money is dwarfed by the big money to the point of being irrelevant."
        • Great!
      • 3 replies