[CFD] Is there an option to add to an existing position?

Konrad

Question

Is there an option in IG to 'add' to one of my existing positions?

looking at 'net off / force open' radiobutton I'd assume that 'net off' should average up/down my existing position (in case of opening new pos in the same direction as the existing one)
but this is not the case

so... is there such option hidden somewhere or maybe there is a plan to introduce it in the future?

Thanks for all the answers.
K

2 answers to this question

13 hours ago, Konrad said:

Is there an option in IG to 'add' to one of my existing positions?

looking at 'net off / force open' radiobutton I'd assume that 'net off' should average up/down my existing position (in case of opening new pos in the same direction as the existing one)
but this is not the case

so... is there such option hidden somewhere or maybe there is a plan to introduce it in the future?

Thanks for all the answers.
K

Hi @Konrad

Positions in the CFD Account do not net off. Each position will calculate it's P/L based on the size and number of contracts, opening or closing price. All the best, OfentseIG

On 01/12/2022 at 09:36, OfentseIG said:

Hi @Konrad

Positions in the CFD Account do not net off. Each position will calculate it's P/L based on the size and number of contracts, opening or closing price. All the best, OfentseIG

Wait a sec... So why there is a parameter called 'when filled' with 2 options 'net off'/' force open' in both 'new deal' and 'new order' actions

K

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• When I started car shopping, I realized I knew nothing about checking out a used car’s past. In the past, I just looked at condition and price. However, a salesman showed me a detailed vehicle history report made by DIMO, a blockchain system tracking full data pulled from the car’s computers. I was amazed anyone could get such complete background details. While too pricey for me, this showed blockchain’s power to securely gather key info over time - from service to repairs to crashes. It made me recognize the need to evaluate history before buying.  DIMO builds thorough records to help buyers avoid “lemons”, accurately assess shape, check claims, get fair pricing, and feel confident around big investments. These histories even get passed to future owners, raising resale value. Where I once ignored backgrounds, now I know checking histories is key for informed used car buying. While test drives don’t tell the whole story, blockchain systems like DIMO allow transparency through permanent records. Understanding vehicle histories is vital for smart purchases.
    • I'm currently bullish on AI project tokens, especially on Bitget, and I'm excited about their symbiotic relationship with blockchain technology, which is driving financial inclusion and innovation. Projects like SORA, SingularityNET's AGIX, The Graph (GRT), and Nebula AI's NMT are leading the way in transformative advancements across various sectors.
    • I trade leveraged futures on Binance so I'm going to miss them, not that much though cos I also use Bitget exchange, and they have high liquidity and low fees, So I will just move my funds there and continue leveraged trading.
us