Need help on unable to loan EA on IG MT4

Dellan

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi @Dellan,

EAs are 3rd party scripts so we aren't able to provide much help unfortunately. There could be a few reasons why it does not work:

1: It was created for MT5 and not MT4

2: The EA was designed to work only for certain instrument names or naming conventions, this is frequently an issue on the Spreadbet account because we have a £ symbol as a suffix in the instrument name.

3: You may have Auto trading on EAs disabled on the account. You can check this setting from Tools->options->expert advisors:

image.png.2e18383347a15a9d15972601424ca7d8.png

4: The file itself could be corrupt, you could try to download a new copy.

For EA code related questions you can consult fellow MT4 community users via https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

All the best!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Dellan said:

Deal all,

I'm new to forex and EA, trying to execute the EA to run a backtesting, but it show error unable to load file, need help regarding this issue.

Due to unable upload EA file, hence I upload the file My First EA to google share drive (is an EA i create by using AlgoWizard "Simple").

Screenshot 2022-12-30 151219.png

Hi,

Press the "AutoTrading" button...