MT4 UKOIL and USOIL requotes problem

Guest oondrejj

Question

Guest oondrejj

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with tradig on MT4. I am playing litlle bit around with USOIL and UKOIL but instead of trading I have to deal with requotes. I can not open any trade because everytime I try it I have message about requote. Even my EA can not open any trade due to this. Have anyone else had this problem?

I attached screen to show what I mean.Bez názvu.jpg

8 answers to this question

Guest oondrejj

Hi  my connection seems to be great you can see it on the picture that is ok. Also any other instrument works fine and when I tryied another broker it also wasn´t problem to trade oil. Only with IG I have this problem. Unfortunatelly they have the best spread and I wanted to use them to trade but with this it will not be possible. 

EDIT: I also tryied another data server but all four servers works the same.

Hi   yes I did note the connection bottom left corner, but I also noted not only the greyed out deal ticket in your pic but also on your market watch list you don't have the base currency symbol next to the instrument (as in £ in my pic) and wondered if that feed was from elsewhere other than IG eg. MQL5?

I would try downloading the IG MT4 apps and open a mini terminal (as in my pic). 

sorry I'm not more helpful.

Guest oondrejj

Hi  

Fist, I am sending you image, where you can find how it looks like before I press buy or sell (Image 1)

Bez názvu.jpg

As you can see on the image everything works fine - connection, market watch and deal ticket

Then I press buy or sell and this happen:

Bez názvu2.jpg

Connection and market watch steel good. The only reason why deal ticket goes grey is because there is pop up window telling me about requote and ask me if I accept new price. If I press yes nothing happen - even if price do not change position will not open just again same pop up window with the same message and walue. If I press cacnel I will be back in dealing ticket and everything start again.

About the simbol of british puound. I don´t know why I dont have it. I have mt4 downloaded from IG.com. Maybe because of my account currency of €.

Hi    ok, I see, I am just looking if there is a likely place I could jump in and out of a trade to check. (I should really get a demo account going).

I would look in the 'File' tab top left and check 'Profile' is checked 'Default' and not some differing currency.

In the Tools tab look Options;

look at Server has the right IG live or demo account and login number and

at Trade look at 'Symbol by Default' is checked on 'automatic'

Still looking at the chart, er, are you sure you still want to be in oil :)

Archived