Request for Help re IG API Excel Sample RTD Function "progID", AccountID and RTD Documentation

jhclctcrc

Question

hi everyone

I have downloaded the IG API (per "api-sample-excel-1.0.7-64bit.zip") and managed to install and got to the create relevant "IG API Excel Sample" (per "ig-api-sample.xlsm") after installation
+ I have also played around with it and managed to download historical OHLC data

I am hoping to be able to download live data using RTD Functions, but I have not been able to do so
+ I have learnt, I believe, that IGMarkets has partnered with LightStreamer.com, and the following are relevant live samples

image.thumb.png.47bb843b8e2fc1a6635e22bacfc51e5c.png

I have managed to install the above "Basic Stock - List Demo Microsoft (Excel, RTD) Client"
+ but the sample Excel did not seem to be able to import Live Data from the IGMarkets data servers

Essentially, my objective is to be able to have an Excel file (let us call this "MyExcelRTD Spreadsheet") to download the following data:
+ historical OHLC Prices up to the last 500 minutes
+ live OHLC Prices per the current minute

- I am planning to build this "MyExcelRTD Spreadsheet" using the "IG API Excel Sample" (is this possible?)

may I ask if a fellow forum member can help with guiding as to how I can achieve the preceding objective?

I have the following questions:
+ can I use the "IG API Excel Sample" (as installed per IG API (per "api-sample-excel-1.0.7-64bit.zip")) to do both the following?
- download historical OHLC Prices up to the last 500 minutes
- - this obviously can be done, as I have done so already

- download live OHLC Prices per the current minute
- - ie am I able to use RTD Functions within this IG API Excel Sample to import live data?

+ from relevant Lightstreamer.com webpages (ie https://demos.lightstreamer.com/?p=lightstreamer&t=client&sclientmicrosoft=excel), or rather from the "Basic Stock - List Demo Microsoft (Excel, RTD) Client which I have managed to install, I was able to see that the "progID" used is actually "lightstreamer.rtdexceldemo"
- per the following RTD Function: =RTD("lightstreamer.rtdexceldemo",,"item30","bid")
- can I used this progID in "MyExcelRTD Spreadsheet"?
- or is there another 'progID" which I need to use, and if so, what is the name of the "progID"?

+ I have entered the following RTD Function into a new worksheet of the "IG API Excel Sample"
- "=RTD("lightstreamer.rtdexceldemo",,Z....P,"bidGBPUSD")", but "#NAME?" is returned?
- "Z....P" is my IG AccountID, do I use this AccountID, or is there another AccountID which I have to use so tha this RTD Function will work?

+ also, does IGMarkets and/or Lightstreamer have any kind of RTD documentation (in the same manner eg other brokers have for their ExcelRTD documentation)?
- please see an example here: https://www.jfdbrokers.com/documents/JFD_Excel_RTD_User-guide_EN.pdf
- if so, can please share the documentation here?

sincerely hope that someone can help
+ I have spent easily at least a week on this (including on IGMarkets MT4 Excel RTD ExpertAdvisor) and cannot go forward

thank you

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet