VIX1D trading

CarloPanta

Question

Hey there, hope everything is fine.

I have a question regarding the new CBOE VIX1D index. Just out of curiosity, are there any plans to make it tradeable on IG? I know that, as of today, there isn’t any product with it as underlying on the secondary market, but maybe it could be a candidate for a CFD…

Thanks and all the best,

Carlo

5 answers to this question

Hi @CarloPanta @FCap,

Apologies for the delayed response. Our team has provided an update regarding your query. Currently, there are no immediate plans to include VIX1D. As pointed out by @CarloPanta, VIX1D is merely a measurement or index and does not constitute a tradable market without futures and options.

However, we do offer the Volatility Index, and if you are interested in daily volatility exposure, you can explore our Daily Index Options offering. We appreciate your suggestion for adding VIX1D and will consider it for future developments. At present, we regret to inform you that there are no plans to incorporate it. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

All the best,
AshishIG
Take a quick poll and vote

On 17/05/2023 at 11:13, CarloPanta said:

Hey there, hope everything is fine.

I have a question regarding the new CBOE VIX1D index. Just out of curiosity, are there any plans to make it tradeable on IG? I know that, as of today, there isn’t any product with it as underlying on the secondary market, but maybe it could be a candidate for a CFD…

Thanks and all the best,

Carlo

Hi @CarloPanta,

We have asked our internal team to explore the potential of providing this. We will inform you as soon as we receive a response from them. Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
AshishIG

On 22/05/2023 at 10:37, AshishIG said:

Hi @CarloPanta,

We have asked our internal team to explore the potential of providing this. We will inform you as soon as we receive a response from them. Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
AshishIG

Hi Ashish,

thanks a lot for your reply!

I look forward to it.

All the best,

Carlo

@AshishIG As a follow-up of what @FCap said, I see there's a lot of interest in VIX1D among the online trading community. I think it would be wise for IG to make it tradeable, but obviously you have the last word (I know it could not be that easy to make it tradeable, since there are no futures nor options on this index).

Hope to get any news soon.