Sign in to follow this  

New Margin Requirements for Bitcoin

Apologies if I have got this wrong but I received an e-mail today advising me that from Friday 3pm the margin requirements would increase for Bitcoin, Ether and Bitcoin Cash. Any positions open would require an increase in margin so we should ensure we have enough funds in the account to cover this.

Now to my horror this has already been applied now. I placed a position on Bitcoin GBP and the margin has nearly doubled! I checked USD and EUR and same they have already applied the increase yet the e-mail I am sure stated Friday 3 pm. If I am wrong I apologise. However if anyone can confirm this then please do respond to his thread. 

If I am correct then I am absolutely disgusted with the level of customer service from IG that I have just received. 

Yes, I agree with you, the margin increase seems to have already occurred now when I checked opening a new position on Bitcoin USD. This actually puts me off remaining with IG for Bitcoin trading going forward. Might need to see how the competition compares.

Hi, I am new here.

My bitcoin contact margin is 12.5%.

Is this before or after change, pls?