Bitcoin

Guest Boilerman

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read that processing one single Bitcoin transaction requires enough energy to power nine U.S. households in a day. No wonder the price is going up. Enjoy !!!

Hi ,  Depends on how you would want to trade it.

For spread bets yes with a guaranteed stop but problems getting orders accepted but trading on an exchange no, both routes have there problems caused by the very high volatility.

See threads,

https://community.ig.com/t5/FX-and-Cryptocurrency/Cryptocurrency-Mega-Thread/m-p/17099#M1963

Re; journalist's experience trading on an exchange.

and;

https://community.ig.com/t5/New-to-Trading-with-IG/Will-I-always-be-able-to-close-an-open-spread-bet/m-p/17106#M61

for spread betting

Interesting. I was looking at the three hour one which appeared to have more force closing in. I had only wondered about its potential without having done any research  because of the Fed announcement due later today. Briefly looking back at recent history it would not have looked like there was much action to be traded going forward.

I have been experimenting with the pic's but fear I loose detail if I don't use a camera.

When you've got time remind me how you did the picture?

Caseynotes wrote:

What, no pic?  Yes they will be as price struggles making higher highs continuing to lose momentum though still above the 20 sma on the 4 hour but only just. Also seen in the continuing RSI divergence.

BTCUSDH41312.png

Bitcoin (USD) (DFB) #.jpg

, ok, so 3 standard deviations on the B Bands and a 3 hr chart and you are therefore looking for a break up or down from the trendlines which is similar to a break of the B Bands themselves. I add a 20, 3.00 on a 4 hour for comparison, but the top band not yet corresponding but clearly a big pinch.

BTCUSDH41312b.png 

Interesting you're a genius finding all this kind of stuff. I wonder if Bitcoin will take a hit in the Far East tonight because I'm personally getting pretty fed up watching paint dry !!!! 

I put out yesterday that last Bitcoin downturn to 10th December lasted 12 x 4hr bars. We are on number 12 now till midday GMT. The low occurred last time in bar 12 Have we seen the low already? Market would suspect a real fix if we got exactly same pattern as last time !

Ether looking strong. Maybe Bitcoin is going to wait till Ether hits where Bitcoin started the year.

I'd said it before but I would love Ether to end the year where Bitcoin started, and of course for Bitcoin to hit 20,000 or even a Fibonacci number like 21,000.

You are a genius. I was thinking it could ***** 17700 without the Fib stuff just by looking at the patterns of last time. Then again if the rest of the market thinks same it may not get there because everybody is looking for the next buying opportunity !

Archived