Funds in AU Account frozen over an alledged linked overseas account ?

presto

Question

IG recently claimed that my account here with IG Australia is somehow linked to an account which trades with IG Singapore.    As there is an outstanding debt that IG Singapore failed to recover from the Singapore account, they freeze the funds of my account here with IG Australia and will transfer my fund to the Singapore account to offset the outstanding balance.    IG Australia claimed that they can do this because there is a clause in the terms and conditions which I signed and agreed to when I opened the account.

Could such a clause be valid from a legal standpoint or enforceable in Australia when IG Australia and IG Singapore are 2 different legal entities based in different jurisdictions?    This is simply unheard of.    I also thought our fund is held in a trust account, that should prevent IG from withholding our fund or using our funds in any way without our consent or approval.     

Any thoughts or advice ?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    Cueball
    Joined 02/10/22 20:33
    • BNBUSD Day Crypto Chart Monday 3 October 2022,00:18(UTC+1)London BNBUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Follow trend Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave ((3)) Direction Next higher degrees: Vave Ill of Motive Details: The sub-wave of wave Ill The price tends to trade above the 336.5 level, but not below 256.7 Wave Cancel invalid level: 256.7 Source Tradinglounge.com Get trial here!       BNBUSD H4 Crypto Chart Monday 3 October 2022,00:18(UTC+1)London BNBUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Follow trend Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave ((3)) Direction Next higher degrees: Vave Ill of Motive Details: The sub-wave of wave Ill The price tends to trade above the 336.5 level, but not below 256.7 Wave Cancel invalid level: 256.7
    • Commodity Futures Market Summary: Elliott Wave Trading Strategies; US Gov Bonds 10 Yr Yields, US Dollar Index DXY, US Spot Gold, GDX, Silver, Copper, XLE Energy ETF, Crude Oil and Natural Gas Market Summary: The USD is expected higher in the trading sessions ahead, which in turn places pressure on any of the commodities that have been rallying over the last few sessions. I also take a look at most of the US Sector ETFs which are under a lot of bearish pressure, basically in line with the SP500 TRIAL Buy 1 Month Get 3 Months Video Chapters 00:00 US Sector ETFs 09:40 US Gov Bonds 10 Yr Yields 12:16 US Dollar Index DXY  17:40 GDX ETF /  US Spot Gold 20:02 US Spot Silver 23:19 US Copper / Lithium / Uranium / Nickel 29:36 Crude Oil. Sector XLE / XOM 32:53 Natural Gas 35:35 Thanks for supporting! Analyst Peter Mathers TradingLounge™ Australian Financial Services Licence - AFSL 317817 Source: tradinglounge com    
    • SP500 US Stock Bear Market: AMZN, AAPL, NVDA, TSLA, GOOGL, BRK.B, SQ, META, NFLX, ENPH, MSFT, BAC, JPM, GS. Elliott Wave Technical Analysis  Stock Market News: OPEC to consider oil cut of over than 1 million barrels per day Stock Market Summary Elliott Wave Count: Elliott Wave Analysis - (iii) of v) of 3 of (1) Analysis US Stocks: Tesla TSLA, Amazon AMZN, Nvidia (NVDA), Apple AAPL, Microsoft MSFT, Berkshire Hathaway (BRK/B),Block, Inc (SQ), Meta Platforms, Netflix (NFLX), Enphase (ENPH), Alphabet GOOGL. XFL Finance Sector ETF, JPMorgan JPM & Bank of America BAC, Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) Stock Market Trading strategies: Monday should follow Friday lower in the bearish weekly cycle. Holding short until Wave 3 for most stocks Video Chapters 00:00 SP500 02:11 Apple (AAPL) 03:18 NVIDIA (NVDA) 03:34 Amazon (AMZN) 05:00 Meta Platforms (META) 05:58 Netflix (NFLX)  07:23 Enphase (ENPH) 09:17 Tesla (TSLA) 10:20 Alphabet (GOOGL)  12:08 Microsoft (MSFT) 13:07 Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) 14:48 Block Inc. (SQ)  15:55 Banks JPM, GS 20:19 End. Thanks for supporting! Analyst Peter Mathers TradingLounge™ Australian Financial Services Licence - AFSL 317817 Source: tradinglounge com