Introduce yourself here and make your first Community post

JamesIG

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never seen this before, So Hi...Been "Retail Trading" for over a decade, In the last few years concentrated heavily on automation with the REST API that IG Provide. Very good stuff. I release a lot of

Just joined this community, was active on the IG Labs forum but that community is not very active now... Looking to continue building software interfacing with the IG API. I have built several Ex

I used to trade equity markets and had an interest in technology and the financial sector. After coming to IG a number of years ago I started to trade oil and some other ETF trackers which give exposu

• 4 months later...
Guest Breconeer

Now into my seventies, I gave up paid employment just before my 50th birthday, to trade UK stocks from home instead. It worked. But because I began with FAR less capital than most advisers considered necessary, leveraged spreadbets played a significant role for me. Once I passed 65 and my pensions kicked in, I was able to ease back from using leverage, but still make the occasional spreadbet. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am a new trader. Hope to learn from so many smart people here. I have traded shares before but I have to admit the wide range of CFD products in IG.com is really huge and overwhelming. Please can you teach me how to become rich and successful like you?

2 hours ago, tehka said:

Hi, I am a new trader. Hope to learn from so many smart people here. I have traded shares before but I have to admit the wide range of CFD products in IG.com is really huge and overwhelming. Please can you teach me how to become rich and successful like you?

Hi, take a look at the IG Academy and the DailyFX University

https://www.ig.com/uk/learn-to-trade/ig-academy

https://www.dailyfx.com/forex-education?ref=SubNav

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am new to IG Trading. Just a query about buying shares... can I select buying at market or at a price until filled?   My system is excluding me buying at a price until filled, just at current day. I am buying Australian shares.

Edited by oldpos

Never seen this before, So Hi...Been "Retail Trading" for over a decade, In the last few years concentrated heavily on automation with the REST API that IG Provide. Very good stuff. I release a lot of code for free for people to use. It's not that hard to find if you want a look, I am not into self promoting. If people are looking they will find it. Annoyed by the ESMA regs imposed upon us last year so focus on Stocks alot more now. 

• Like 1
  • Great! 1
On 22/10/2018 at 20:25, andysinclair said:

Thanks @PandaFace

I really do hope a new forum is created here for the API/Developers...there is so much potential with the API but I think some people probably get put off by the lack of activity there.

I concur, But see my posts. 

On 02/07/2019 at 03:02, tehka said:

😄😄😄

• Great! 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I am JeForceX from Singapore!

1. Let the Community know something about your trade history. Have you ever traded before? If so, what did you trade? What are you interested in and do you have any trade ideas for the future?
I used to be an Equity Trader before transforming into a REIT Investor over a period of 5 years. Used to make my trading decisions solely based on Fundamental Analysis and paid a considerable amount of "Tuition Fee" to "Mr. Markets". I am presently trading Forex, Commodities, and Indices on the IG Web Trading Platform.

2. How do you make your trade decisions? Fundamental or technical analysis?
After learning about Technical Analysis, I started to look at the markets from a different perspective. As of today, I make my trading decisions based on Technical Analysis while taking into consideration probabilities Fundamental factors which could affect my trading plan.

3. What do you want to get out of IG Community? Education, trade ideas, help?
I seek to become a Consistently Profitable Trader through education and discussion with members of the IG Community.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...