Sign in to follow this  

Transferring IG share portfolio to ISA

Hi, i’ve just opened an IG share account and purchased some individual shares. I just remember i haven’t used this years ISA allowance so wanted to see if i can put them into an ISA without selling and rebuying. Is this possible and if so how?

Thanks Sean

Hi - thanks for your question. As  stated this wouldn't be possible without the 'sell and re buy' method you were referring to. This is known as a 'Bed and ISA' transaction which would be done over the phone with one of our Trading Services team. On calling us we would sell and immediately re buy the same value of stock (minus any commissions and spread) at the same time.

This is done over the phone so would be subject to our £40 phone dealing commission, however we would be able to cap the spread at £30. Whether or not this would be financially advantageous to do will depend on your personal circumstance, as well as the value of you holdings. Please feel free to give us a call if you would like to go over this in more detail. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    dala123
    Joined 23/11/20 16:06
    • Good article (new) on strategy planning and testing from Steve Burns. https://www.newtraderu.com/2020/10/25/how-to-create-backtest-and-optimize-a-trading-strategy/ "A trading strategy is the process used to enter and exit positions in a market based on quantified signals on when to buy and sell. A trading strategy will have trading plan to express a methodology that defines a trader’s return goals, risk tolerance, and time frame. A successful strategy should have an edge expressed in how trades are entered and managed to maximize gains and minimize losses."
    • (not the cost of Covid-19 but the cost of the govt's disastrous response to a virus that's no more deadly than the common flu) The REAL cost of Covid-19: RUTH SUNDERLAND's terrifying dossier exploring the full economic damage will make you ask... can we afford to keep the brakes on Britain? National debt more than £2 trillion, equivalent of year’s output by entire country  Borrowing from April to October was £170 billion higher than period in 2019  Bank of England believes unemployment rate will to peak at around 7.75 per cent https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8975765/The-true-cost-Covid-19-Read-RUTH-SUNDERLANDs-terrifying-dossier-economic-damage.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top
    • Dax and Dow M15;