Sign in to follow this  

Prorealtime automated program

Hi

I am interested in using Prorealtime on the IG platform in an automated capacity.

The online blogs are rather vague.  Does anyone know if it's possible to program it to buy or sell when price crosses a

certain SMA or EMA of our choice. Also can more than one activity period be specified.

Thanks

Hi ,

Yes using ProRealTime you can definitely create an automatic strategy to place trades based on a crossing over/under a

certain indicator conditions. You are also able to make use of multiple conditions in one strategy.

If you would like to see an example of what a strategy could look like then click on this link: ProOrder

Thanks

Anton

Hi Anton

I just trade the forex and although Prorealtime makes it easy to display lists showing current candle signals the illustrated

Proscreener automatic trading only dispays price crossing  sma's etc.

I am looking at  the public Prorealtime which may be a cut-down version of the one used by IG and showing incorporation of

candle signals .

I think that price crossijng sma's and sma's crossing would lead to whipsaws and loss but an auto buy or sell on a bearish

engulfing pattern and close on an sma price cross would be more successful as with cable today on the 5 minute chart

Of course a system which shows divergence would be even more successful or which shows an sma falling or rising

I sure wish I knew how to program, or even which code they use.