Which crypto ecosystem will be the highlight of 2024?

The highlights of 2022 was L2 with Arbitrum, Optimism and SUI making the headlines contributing a market cap of $19.4B while 2023 witness the rise of AI ecosystem heralding the launch of ChainGPT, WorldCoin, Bittensor and many more contributing a market cap of $8.8B. Then came BTC ecosystem in the twilight of 2023 with the launch of Ordinals and BRC-20 token standard with a cumulative market cap of over $5B. Tokens like ORDI, SATS have made the highest gain in the ecosystem.

Now that we are in 2024, are we going to witness the birth of another ecosystem? Or are we going to see the growth of these 3 ecosystems in varyig proportions?
To be honest, the advent of BRC-20 token standard have resulted in the rise of memecoin values with the Solana ecosystem being the most beneficiary of the trend. With the hype around this token standard, memecoins like **** and SATS have made huge ROI for investors. As a result, trading volume across exchanges has multiplied and some exchange tokens have seen surge in values with BGB (reaching an ATH of $0.70) and BNB (reaching $320) making some huge gains in the last couple of months.

With the anticipation of the bull run expected on approval of a BTC spot ETF across US and Asia, many are of the opinion that major gains are going to be witnessed in both the Bitcoin and Solana ecosystems but that might just be the icing on the cake!

ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT THIS IS NOT A FINANCIAL ADVICE. ALWAYS ENSURE YOU DYOR
1 hour ago, BashJasper said:
The highlights of 2022 was L2 with Arbitrum, Optimism and SUI making the headlines contributing a market cap of $19.4B while 2023 witness the rise of AI ecosystem heralding the launch of ChainGPT, WorldCoin, Bittensor and many more contributing a market cap of $8.8B. Then came BTC ecosystem in the twilight of 2023 with the launch of Ordinals and BRC-20 token standard with a cumulative market cap of over $5B. Tokens like ORDI, SATS have made the highest gain in the ecosystem.

Now that we are in 2024, are we going to witness the birth of another ecosystem? Or are we going to see the growth of these 3 ecosystems in varyig proportions?
To be honest, the advent of BRC-20 token standard have resulted in the rise of memecoin values with the Solana ecosystem being the most beneficiary of the trend. With the hype around this token standard, memecoins like **** and SATS have made huge ROI for investors. As a result, trading volume across exchanges has multiplied and some exchange tokens have seen surge in values with BGB (reaching an ATH of $0.70) and BNB (reaching $320) making some huge gains in the last couple of months.

With the anticipation of the bull run expected on approval of a BTC spot ETF across US and Asia, many are of the opinion that major gains are going to be witnessed in both the Bitcoin and Solana ecosystems but that might just be the icing on the cake!

According to experts opinion, 2024 will witness the greatest innovation in crypto especially as awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency is already witnessing large scale adoption. Reasons for a short setback is still attributed to the delay in the approval of the BTC spot ETF. Once this is achieved, lots of institutional investment will flow into crypto and we might see unprecedented bullrun hence the need to look into this 3 aspects you have highlighted. Personally, I think BRC20 tokens has the potential to lead the gains looking at how ORDI and SATs performed towards the end of 2023 but also looking at the use cases of AI projects like CGPT, I will advise one diversify his/her portfolio to have this two projects. Exchange token like BGB that witnessed 7 new ATH in 2023 despite all odds is also worth keeping an eye on and looking at the rapid growth of Bitget and users participation in both launchpads and launchpool events, it's a sure bet that the token will perform beyond expectation in the coming bullrun.

On 07/01/2024 at 12:14, BashJasper said:

I think you have made some valid points about the performance of the L2, AI, and BTC ecosystems in the past two years. They have indeed shown impressive growth and innovation in the crypto industry. However, I also think that there are other factors that could influence the future of these ecosystems and the emergence of new ones.

For example, one factor that could affect the L2 ecosystem is the development of Ethereum 2.0, which aims to improve the scalability, security, and efficiency of the Ethereum network. If Ethereum 2.0 succeeds in delivering its promises, it could reduce the demand for L2 solutions and affect their market share. On the other hand, if Ethereum 2.0 faces delays or challenges, it could boost the adoption of L2 solutions and increase their competitiveness.

On 07/01/2024 at 10:14, BashJasper said:

I am anticipating good performance from exchanges tokens. And of all the ones in my portfolio, the BGB token performed best which made me bagged even more of it. A token that does very well in bear market is a good sign for me that it will do great in bull market. Off course, i also took the liberty to key in to other trending tokens like the ones u mentioned  

1 hour ago, Samui22 said:

I think you have made some valid points about the performance of the L2, AI, and BTC ecosystems in the past two years. They have indeed shown impressive growth and innovation in the crypto industry. However, I also think that there are other factors that could influence the future of these ecosystems and the emergence of new ones.

For example, one factor that could affect the L2 ecosystem is the development of Ethereum 2.0, which aims to improve the scalability, security, and efficiency of the Ethereum network. If Ethereum 2.0 succeeds in delivering its promises, it could reduce the demand for L2 solutions and affect their market share. On the other hand, if Ethereum 2.0 faces delays or challenges, it could boost the adoption of L2 solutions and increase their competitiveness.

However, I also think that there are other L2 projects that are not dependent on Ethereum, such as Lightning Network[] and Liquid Network, which are designed to enhance the functionality of Bitcoin. These L2 projects could benefit from the growing popularity and adoption of Bitcoin, especially in the areas of payments, DeFi, and NFT. Therefore, I think the L2 ecosystem is diverse and resilient enough to withstand the potential challenges and opportunities that Ethereum 2.0 may bring.

Edited by Samui22
On 07/01/2024 at 12:14, BashJasper said:

I think buying real estate with cryptocurrency https://cryptex.net/blog/en/cryptex/buying-real-estate-with-cryptocurrency-with-cryptex/ is a great idea and will be the highlight of 2024. Crypto offers many advantages over traditional payment methods, such as speed, security, transparency, and lower fees. Crypto also allows buyers to diversify their investments and hedge against inflation and currency devaluation. With more and more real estate companies accepting crypto as a form of payment, the market will become more accessible and competitive. I believe crypto real estate will revolutionize the industry and create new opportunities for both buyers and sellers.

For instance, some L2 projects, such as Arbitrum and Polygon, are designed to be compatible with Ethereum 2.0 and leverage its benefits, while also offering additional features and advantages, such as faster transactions, lower fees, and more flexibility. Moreover, some L2 projects, such as Bitcoin’s Lightning Network, are not directly affected by Ethereum 2.0, as they operate on a different blockchain and serve a different purpose, such as enabling instant and cheap payments.

Therefore, I believe that the L2 ecosystem will continue to grow and innovate, regardless of the outcome of Ethereum 2.0. I also think that the L2 ecosystem will foster more diversity and creativity in the crypto industry, as it allows for the development of new applications and use cases, such as DeFi and NFT, that are not possible or feasible on the L1 layer. I look forward to seeing how the L2 ecosystem will evolve and shape the future of crypto.

I have high hopes on these:

Ai perspective tokens: Agix,Ocean etc...

BRC20 Tokens: ORDI,Rats,Sats,Mubi etc...

Exchanges Native Tokens: BGB,BNB etc...

Edited by Imam