Sign in to follow this  

New Platform

Question

Hi! I find myself by default on the horrible new platform, which seems more like a mobile app. It used to be optional but I can't find a way back to the old one. Just asking if anyone knows of a way of doing that. Would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Hi cate,

you can still use the best classic platform - when you open the dashboard there is a blue tab with open new platform, next to it is a drop down menu with a down arrow - right click on this and you can open prorealtime and the "old" platform. IG are becoming a rather pathetic outfit - hiding the only platform that works and selling our details in their new privacy policy. And if you don't like it they will take their ball away - sums them up this year............................

Chris, you're a lifesaver! Thank you so much!

Yes, it's been a bit of a depressing experience this. :(

I really appreciate the help. 

Best of luck with your trades.

Hi  thanks for your question regarding how to switch between the new web trading platform and the old 'classic' platform. Thanks also to  for his assistance and direction which I can see you've found useful. 

I'm sorry to hear that you don't like the new web trading platform. The classic platform has been an important part of clients online dealing experience for a number of years, however it is a bit of a legacy option with different functionality bolted on as/when it was required. As with all technology we have decided to update our offering with a completely new, build from the ground up, offering which should be a staple part of your online experience for a number of years to come. 

I understand that sometimes change takes some getting used, and although we've tried hard to accommodate and please everyone with the upgrades, I'm aware that this won't always be met for all clients. We have continued to take on board any suggestions and feedback from clients via the top right hand 'Feedback' section (on the platform), all call or email feedback, IG Community, and specific one on one sessions for those who wanted to participate in shaping the new platform. This will of course continue whilst we roll out the online offering to the wider IG client base. 

I would suggest having a look at a few areas which may help in the transition. Although you can currently change between the new / old platform to provide as smooth a transition as possible, there will come a point when it will be decommissioned and turned off. 

All the best and I hope this helps.  you may find the following Community post useful in regards to your views on our new T&C's and Privacy notice, and if you would like one of our senior sales trades to give you a call to discuss this in more details please let me know or contact our helpdesk at a time convenient to yourself. I assure you we are not selling your personal details.

Hi James,

I just wanted to say thanks for your reply. I realise I didn't acknowledge it at the time. Sorry about that!

Thanks again.

Cate

not to worry - any questions you have about the new platform what so ever (from how to do XYZ, to where is this/that/the other) please ask and I'll help best I can.