Sign in to follow this  

Demo account reset

Hi All,

Is there a way to reset your demo account (without creating a new one, by using a different email address)?

I am busy testing a number of ProTrader strategies and use my demo account for this purpose. Before each run, I would like to reset my demo account history (trade history, capital, profit, etc.), to enable easy comparison. At the moment there is already quite a bit of history in my demo account.

At a minimum (if nothing else can be done), I would like to be able to set/reset the starting capital amount.

Is there a way to do this? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Is this something that can be added?

Regards

Stef

Hey ,

It isn't possible for a client to do a full reset on their demo account, however you can top up the funds as required through My Account - Deposit funds in the demo environent.

If you do want a specific account reset, please just contact our helpdesk and we can arrange for this to be carried out.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

The functionality to top up funds is not available for demo accounts, see below:

Capture.PNG

I was told by your helpdesk that this was not possible - resetting an account - and was told to create a new one!? So, if this is possible, maybe you should tell them.

PS: I still think that this functionality should be built into the platform.

Regards

Stef

Afternoon ,

I'm not sure why you don't have the option to top up your account - I'll get one of our tech team to investigate this. In the meantime, did you want me to get both of your acocunts reset back to the default funds?

Dan

Hi all - I just thought I would give an updated answer as I can see that this post has been viewed a number of times even though there haven't been any additional posts on the thread. 

How to reset your demo account

If you would like to reset your demo account then please simple make a request via email to helpdesk@ig.com. Please include the following pieces of information

1. quick sentence requesting a reset of your demo
  2. name
  3. demo account number (you can find this out by hovering over the account name in My IG) or simply let us know which account you are looking to reset if you have multiple demos.
  4. email address you used to sign up with (or simply contact us on the same email address).

2018-05-17 09_48_13-My IG.png

How to add additional funds to your demo

This can only be done via My IG. Simply load the page, and then select the 'deposit funds' option from the three bullet point drop down menu on the right had side. Please note once fake funds have been added, you won't be able to remove them. 

2018-05-17 09_42_39-My IG.png

Guest Broken

The demo account is not allowing trades in Australian Stocks during business hours. Showing as Market Closed

Guest William

What an absolute palaver to reset the demo account. It was always possible to simply reset the demo account. Why have you changed it?