Sign in to follow this  

Chart Spikes

I have been complaining for months about the spikes on the daily charts. This is unbelievably unreliable for a company like IG. Charts are critical to assessing whether or not to trade and this is making it impossible to accurately assess a stock on your platform. Its even happening on large caps like Apple. Anyone had any more news on what is happing here?

You're not the only one, this is just one of my posts in this regard.

https://community.ig.com/t5/IG-Charts-MT4-and-Pro-Real-Time/PRT-charts-not-being-corrected/m-p/12958#M385

They did make an effort to correct charts a while back after I kept reporting them through ProRealTimes' reporting facility in their charting package. There were so many defective charts, and there still is, it meant I was reporting a multitude every day. They then just gave up and when I complained I was more or less told it was not a good use of their time or it may have been that they did not have the resources. I don't exactly recall now, it may have been a bit of both. They went on to say that, as I was not trading all the stock charts I was reporting they would correct the ones I wanted to trade. Of course, that is completely ridiculous as I do not swing trade a stock unless its chart pattern looks right. Impossible to do with all the false spikes not to mention the multitude of charts which remail unadjusted for splits etc.

I have referred to PRT charts but understand that as they use the same data for their new charts the same problem will exist with those too. I use PRT charts as their new charts do not provide basic and simple indicators to allow me as a swing trader of mostly stocks to do TA. If interested please see the thread below:

https://community.ig.com/t5/New-platform-feedback/Why-I-find-the-new-charts-are-unusable-for-Technical-Analysis-of/td-p/12202

They have obviously spent a lot of money on the development of their new charting package and continue to do so by adding bells and whistles. What I find incredulous is that they appear to be unconcerned about the integrity of the data they are supplying to their charts. What good is a charting package if the data suppling it is defective and the charts are not maintained to accommodate for adjustments such as stock splits?  Adding bells and whistles is a waste of time. It does not matter how much lipstick you put on a pig, it is still a pig.