Manual Currency Conversion

Just updated settings for currency conversion from instant to manual. I understand, from now on, I pay commission of 2 cents per share with a minimum charge of $10 on US stocks while on instant it was $0. But, the real question is:

- how do i transfer my AUD in my bank to USD on IG. Is bank transfer option (With the acct/swift code from IG) the only option?

- what happens when US stock gives divided? does it get transferred to AUD or will it remain somewhere (dont know where) on IG in USD itself? 

- what happens when I sell USD stocks? same as above, where do i manually transfer it back to AUD?

Cheers

1 hour ago, tintin said:

Just updated settings for currency conversion from instant to manual. I understand, from now on, I pay commission of 2 cents per share with a minimum charge of $10 on US stocks while on instant it was $0. But, the real question is:

- how do i transfer my AUD in my bank to USD on IG. Is bank transfer option (With the acct/swift code from IG) the only option?

- what happens when US stock gives divided? does it get transferred to AUD or will it remain somewhere (dont know where) on IG in USD itself? 

- what happens when I sell USD stocks? same as above, where do i manually transfer it back to AUD?

Cheers

Dear @tintin,

Thank you for you are correct in your first paragraph. Please take note of the following:

- On the manual settings, any AUD you deposit will remain AUD, you will have to convert the funds to USD from the settings once they are in your account. You can do this from Live accounts > Currency conversion or you can ask our payment operations team to do it on your behalf. 

- On the manual settings, the funds will not be converted but will remain in USD in your account.

- Manual settings allow you to hold multiple currencies, you can choose to have some of your AUD deposited converted to USD so that they will be used for all USD trades. You can do this on live accounts > currency conversion as mentioned above.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

Please rate us on Trustpilot: IG Trustpilot 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Реферальный код mexc: используется как mexc-1944. Это ссылочный код MEXC, который наиболее часто используется в мире, действителен пожизненно и имеет самую высокую ставку дисконтирования. При регистрации на бирже MEXC напишите «mexc-1944» там, где указан реферальный код. Комиссионная скидка, которую вы получите, составит 30%. Вы также получите регистрационный бонус в размере 2000 долларов США. Реферальный код MEXC «mexc-1944» — это уникальный личный номер пользователя MEXC, который находится в конце ссылки-приглашения. Этот код можно найти в любом мониторинге, проводимом на платформе, особенно на приглашенных серверах.
    • For crypto enthusiasts, X (formerly known as Twitter) is a vital platform for sharing crucial information and updates. It's the go-to place for those seeking the latest news in the crypto world. Maintaining relevance and growing a follower base on this platform hinges on the impact of the information shared by individuals or organizations. Bitget, a leading crypto exchange, has seen remarkable growth in recent years. This is evident in their expanding follower count across various social media platforms, especially on Twitter. Between June 2023 and June 2024, Bitget gained an impressive 400,000 new followers, marking a significant achievement in a highly competitive space. To celebrate this milestone, Bitget is offering $500 to 10 lucky members who complete a simple task. To participate, visit the exchange official page and participate in the event. Check the attached image on this post for guidance. Best of luck to everyone!
    • OKX रेफ़रल कोड: OK1903 के रूप में उपयोग किया जाता है। यह OKX संदर्भ कोड है, जो दुनिया में सबसे अधिक उपयोग किया जाता है, जीवन भर के लिए वैध है, और इसकी छूट दर सबसे अधिक है। OKX एक्सचेंज में पंजीकरण करते समय, जहाँ रेफ़रल कोड लिखा है, वहाँ "OK1903" लिखें। आपको मिलने वाला कमीशन डिस्काउंट 30% है। आपको 1111 USDT का पंजीकरण बोनस भी मिलेगा। OKX रेफ़रल कोड "OK1903" OKX उपयोगकर्ता का एक अनूठा, व्यक्तिगत नंबर है और आमंत्रण लिंक के अंत में पाया जाता है। यह कोड प्लेटफ़ॉर्म पर की गई किसी भी निगरानी में पाया जा सकता है, विशेष रूप से आमंत्रित सर्वर पर।
us