Sign in to follow this  

MT4 NY Daily Close

Question

I have moved back to IG and was surprised NY Close on MT4 daily bars was not available. It is quite common on MT4 at other dealers/brokers/spreadbetting companies.  When will IG offer the option to use GMT+2 (NY Close)  MT4 charts?   Thanks.

Mark

4 answers to this question

Hi  

I have spoken to our head of integrated trading platforms and he has confirmed that we need to have our timings match UK time for transparency, and that the time stamp on the MT4 offering needs to match our internal server which manages orders. Unfortunately we won't be offering this functionality in the short to mid term. 

Thanks for quick reply James.  I am at a loss on whatever transparency IG needs over other spread betting companies offering GMT+2 as well as GMT-5, and GMT on spread betting MT4 accounts.   I wonder how they fulfil the requirement? Not that it matters I suppose; if I want then I will have to go back to them.  I really wanted to use IG again but if IG are unable to offer what is available elsewhere....   Thanks again.

Hi  we do offer ProRealTime which allows full configuration of time zones and trading hours, read more about it here: https://www.ig.com/uk/trading-platform-prorealtime 

Here's an example of the time options screen in PRT:

PRT time settings.png

As  said we aren't able to offer this in MT4 so you might find PRT a good alternative.

I hope this helps.