apple watch app no longer available?

Question

23 answers to this question

Hi all - sorry to report that the Apple Watch app has indeed gone. From a broad overview of our client base there seemed like there was insufficient use to justify the cost to develop and maintain the offering. 

I periodically collate all feedback submitted on IG Community, so if any other clients would like to feedback to us, please let me know. 

Yeah really disappointed. In fact given I now have the Apple Watch 3 cellular and I was indeed going to ask if IG could develop the app so it could use cellular as stand alone from the phone. Now that would be fantastic as often I’m out on sporting activities without the phone. It’s the future. Cmonnnnnn.

Most disappointed the watch app has gone - surely as more people get one it would be used more? The cellular comment is very pertinent too!

Just bought an Apple Watch primarily to use IG. Very disappointed with this decision. Perhaps usage figures are tied to the number of Apple Watch users which are very much on the increase.

Please reinstate - surely IG can afford this and the number of people using (and understanding!) how to use their smartwatch is increasing exponentially. This has to be part of the future!

Considering how much faster and more responsive the apple watch series 3 is vs previous generations, I would be much more likely to use the IG watch app now than I would have been when I had the original apple watch, so it's disappointing to see that this has been removed.

Please can you reinstate the IG watch app. Arguably it is more useful re notifications then the phone when one is busy and on the move. Thanks!

Hi all thanks for your feedback on this - I will make sure this is submitted via the end of month feedback report I create for senior management and our project management / dev teams 

Thanks James.

Good to know there is still hope that the watch app may one day be reinstated

Any updates on the apple watch app? I’m literally about to buy one, use IG all the time, but only want the app for IG no other purpose??

Edited by LudicrouslyLeo
Updates

Think they scrapped it for good. 

I don’t understand why they pulled it tho rather than just leave it and just don’t update it...?

Guest Michael M

Is there any update? 
It is such a pity. 
The app was not perfect, but at least a solution, just discontinuing it is a shame. 

Absolutely agree! With the iOS environment being so diverse, ever evolving and so streamline with it’s devices, the IG app really should have kept with the times of Apple’s and even Samsung’s evolution. 

Yes it would need resources to back it, but if so many smaller companies can accommodate for the cross over of platforms, IG really should too. Especially when you look into their financials. 

I have given feedback on this, and really insist a survey is done to see the demand of a great iOS IG watch app.

End of the day it’s all about the Client’s experience!

have a great day all!

I would prefer to see resources put into making the main web platform more reliable and robust ... it's got to be the main breadwinner and it has been pooping out a lot recently.

Yeh could do with better stability, same as the app itself. Has been crashing a lot. I’m going to make a post on this but on the iphone app on a chart before you could double tap the screen and swipe up simultaneously, and it would zoom in like a lil magnifying glass. Was very helpful with fib extensions retracements and general accuracy of all drawings. Why has this function stopped working?

Hey, I've spoken to our developers and they said due to low demand there's no project ongoing for the Apple Watch app return.

I will however bring this up in a meeting with your comment to show there is demand for the app. Hopefully it's something that can be changed for the future. 

On 28/10/2019 at 08:42, CharlotteIG said:

Hey, I've spoken to our developers and they said due to low demand there's no project ongoing for the Apple Watch app return.

I will however bring this up in a meeting with your comment to show there is demand for the app. Hopefully it's something that can be changed for the future. 

I also think we really need IG on iwatch as well!