Sign in to follow this  

Deal ticket missing risk information

Hi Team

The classic platform deal ticket let's me see the amount of money (in my local currency - $AU) at risk as I set up a position to trade.  This is very useful for position sizing on the fly and not needing work out position sizes outside of the deal ticket.  Say I know my risk on any one trade is 2% of my funds and that currently means my maximum risk per trade is AU$1000.  I can adjust my stop and position size within the deal ticket and ensure I'm keeping my risk at or below my 2% limit, and it is always in Australian dollars so I don't have to do any calculations at all.  You do it all for me.

I can't see the same information on the new platform.  This is a huge disappointment, I use this feature for every trade I make.

Am I missing something?  Can this be added to the new deal ticket?

A screen shot of the old deal ticket with the data I'm talking about highlighted is here:

Dealticket.PNG

I just asked this same question on Live Chat.

This feature is an absolute necessity for me. Otherwise this will require manual conversions of all foreign amounts.

Please add this as soon as possible.

Hi guys - you should be able to see this under the drop down to the right of the stop value. I have included this below, however it is in GBP basis my account type - yours should be in AUD. 

2017-11-27 08_35_56-IG Trading Platform _ Spread Betting.png 

This is how the deal ticket looks... I need it to give me the AUD $ risk instead of the risk value in CHF as seen below in this USDCHF example.. I want to enter the value in points away but for it to tell me what equivalent AUD risk that is... the old platform did this..

1.jpg

I 100% agree with DMac31.  Our accounts are in $AU so we need to be able to see the trade risk in the currency of our account for correct position sizing.  I want to be able to use points as the value for my stop distance, but as I adjust the stop and the size of the position I need to see the amount I'm risking right there in the ticket while prices are moving.  Having to use another tool while trying to place a trade in a fast moving market where currency may also be moving isn't easy when you are use to IG doing this for you right in the deal ticket.

I almost always know exactly where I want my stop.  I always know exactly what I'm prepared to risk.  I size my position based to fit these two parameters.  I never place my stop based on how much I want to risk, I place the stop on what the price action is telling me with support and resistance for example.   In your old deal ticket this was very very easy.

The old platform has done this for as long as I can remember and I've been with you guys for at least 10 years, though not active for all of them.  I use this feature on every single CFD trade I make.

Thank you for posting this. This feature is absolutely crucial for risk management. I cannot and will not use the new platform while this feature does not exist.

I'm really not sure why it's taking so long to add such a simple yet necessary feature. I can't use the new platform until this feature is added.

Hi 

The feedback of adding an ability to change your projected loss/profit to display in your base currency was sent to our developers, it is something that is worth looking into and I agree that it would help in risk management. It was not something that came up before because the platform was mostly only available to clients that use Spreadbet accounts where all trades are displayed in GBP.

Although this change is likely to be implemented it is unlikely to be released soon due to other major changes on the new platform such as DMA and sharedealing taking priority. 

Thanks

Anton

Hi James,

The currency shown is the base currency of the trade rather than the base currency of the user's account - are there plans to rectify this and make it as it was in the old platform?

Regards,

Colin.

wrote:

Hi James,

The currency shown is the base currency of the trade rather than the base currency of the user's account - are there plans to rectify this and make it as it was in the old platform?

Hi Collin - Thanks for the feedback on this. May I just direct you to Antons message which answers your query. I have included it below for clarity. 

"The feedback of adding an ability to change your projected loss/profit to display in your base currency was sent to our developers, it is something that is worth looking into and I agree that it would help in risk management. It was not something that came up before because the platform was mostly only available to clients that use Spreadbet accounts where all trades are displayed in GBP.

Although this change is likely to be implemented it is unlikely to be released soon due to other major changes on the new platform such as DMA and sharedealing taking priority. "