Santa Rally 2017

rimmy2000

Ahead of the Christmas rally period, during November, I took time to scout out and take positions in a few larger cap stocks (larger market caps than I would normally trade on)

These included

ITV

SBRY

WPP

• I also have my ‘ghost’ replicated trade in Shire SHP (link) which is detailed within this link Bottom for Shire.

These have generally performed well and in step with the index over this time frame.

ITV was bought 22 Nov @ 151p and the gain has been steady but certain. I think there is a prospect here of potential takeover (not least rumors appearing) so may continue to hold into the new year.

itv4hr.JPG

SBRY was bought 12 Dec 2x positions @ 239p and @ 235p this trade is almost flat, with one in-profit trade helping to reduce the other which is slightly in the red. But I am keen to see how the price performs over the next couple of weeks, rather than closing out right now.

sbry.JPG

WPP was bought 1290p and has done well, building on the strength overall in the FTSE. What I wanted to point out here was the 52 point spike down on the 14th December (yellow). A tight stop would have been almost certainly triggered, but my trade was not affected.

wpp.JPG

Additionally, I took two daily positions out on the FTSE 100 on Friday 15th. 7,434, and 7,439

I managed to catch these on the bounce of Support 1 (S1) as indicated. From this point the trade was positive and I think this was the commencement of the Christmas rally (I had posted end of day on the 15th, see above) Subsequent days have been strong and I will hold this into the close of the year, I expect. Today has continued the ascent.

ukxrally.JPGDecember has been good, and thanks to those who contributed to this thread. I hope its been prosperous for yourselves, too :)

- I should add, hastily, wish everyone on IG Community and Merry Christmas!

• 2 weeks later...