Sign in to follow this  

Choose demo account in trading platform

Sorry, dumb question.

I have a live account and a demo account. I see them both in Dashboard. I see that if I click on one of the markets in the Live Prices box top-right, I go to the Trading Platform. That seems to default to using my live account. How can I use Trading Platform and place a trade with my demo account?

Thanks

Hi - thanks for your message

Unfortunately you wouldn't be able to change this default option for MyIG > Platform, and instead would have to specifically open the Demo account and navigate to the appropriate area.

Thanks - that's what I tried first, but I can't for the life of me see how to get from the Demo accounts tab to the trading platform.

so you should be able to see Blue call to action buttons under the relevant account type (both live and demo). The ones under the demo account names will open the appropriate account type, as shown below and highlighted in yellow. 

2017-12-04 10_37_21-Document1 - Word.png

Ah, I see, thanks.  Somehow I'd got it into my head that that would open a new account rather than take me to the trading area.

not to worry! There are a lot of buttons / call to actions on the IG dealing platform, so always feel free to ask a question if required.