[LOCKED] New around here?

Guest DanC

We've seen a lot of new members join recently so why not introduce yourself below! I'm Dan and I'm the Community manager. It's my job to ensure things run smoothly, and we also have a team of moderators on hand to help.

Let me know with a post below what markets you're interested in, what you trade and how you trade it.

Welcome to IG Community!

This thread is now locked due to its length of time in use. For introductions please visit the new intro thread.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dan 

While I'm not a recent member, I thought I'd reply - if I was a new member I'd like to know the existing members - plus I'd presonally like to know some of the older members better.

I trade the ASX, primarily using binaries, a day trader, trade full-time.  My own ideas, my own account.  Live in Australia. 

Cheers.

Hi Dan,

In the same spirit as zero, I'm new here and consider myself a novice trader. I use the Elliott Wave principle to determine any trading decision and use IG's platform to spreadbet.

I spend a lot of time analysing and labelling charts and, if I have a wave count I'm confident in , I'll trade , whatever it is. However my main focus recently has been GOLD, SILVER OIL and EUR/USD . I'm based in Surrey, UK.

I like this forum although it would benefit from more contributors. Early days though eh?

Looking forward to sharing and gaining more knowledge this year and wishing good luck to all  

Guest hughie

Hi - I'm hughie. I am retired and trade FTSE and DAX for a hobby with mixed results. I have to say it is quiet here compared to other boards! Hopefully participation will increase with some interesting topics.

Guest cmutreja

Hi all. My name is Chiraag and I am relatively new to trading. I spread bet primarily on commodities such as Gold and Oil on a short term/intraday basis. I occassionally trade blue chip and mid cap stocks if an opportunity arises. I look forward to learning about other member's strategies and learnings.

Hi my name is T.  I have been trading for the last 3 years.  Mainly on equities and Forex.  The advice I can give is capital presevation and Patience.  I use a few tools to determine which shares to deal with but am cautious to research the financials of the company and how their shares have done over the last 5 years.  I tend to look at the 'defensive' sector shares and try to stay away from the high volitility (mining) shares.

Please reach out toi me as I have a few questions for your guys

Hi Dan

My name is Sarb. I trade on spread betting, mainly forex. I also have a share dealing account and a shares ISA through which I trade predominantly UK equities.

I have some experience of working with Equities and fixed Income at an Investment bank. And have recently been able to focus full time on trading.

Guest TradingInShorts

Hi. I am a stay at home dad who used to work in the City in emerging markets. I invest medium- to long-term through the stockbroking account and punt in smalls on equities, fixed income and FX using CFDs.

Guest RDLupu

Hi Dan,

It's almost a year now since i started using online platforms for trading. I have been looking at the markets long time before so i decided to dive in and that's exactly what i did. At the moment i believe i have reached the bottom and my equity curve stopped falling. I tried multiple markets but i am mainly focusing on the FTSE short and medium term. My strategy is not far from profitable, i believe it just needs time and lots of self education.

All of this while working a full time job in the oil industry in Aberdeen.

Cheers,
Radu

Guest bulliontom

Hey

I have 4 years trading experince trading the DAX, however I have only been using IG since December. If you have any questions or want to colloborate on ideas, my email is tom-borland@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks, and happy trading, Tom

Guest samsun

I'm new here and consider myself a novice trader. I use the Elliott Wave principle to determine any trading decision and use IG's platform to spreadbet.

Hi to all,

I'm Dave and trade mainly shares, tend to stick with FTSE 350 as I find good volume oportunity trades in this market. Been trading for around last four years in my spare time with mixed results, Trade my own rules and plan and use the sharescope/sharepad platform for my research. Did trade forex early on but did not work for me so stick with shares. 

DaveM

Guest cbleasd

Hi I am Claire. I concentrate on GBP/USD FX trading. Can you help to organize a forum of traders who have the same interest to exchange ideas, strategies and discussions.

Guest josephine

hi i am josie been trading on and off a few years, my day job is a hairdresser, with 3 kids so not much time to look all day at the trades my in , but if i let them run i have been more profitable . 

Guest smitten

Hiya Dan, I manage my own and our family ISA and SIPP portfolios. So, I am basically an investor not really a spread-better but I do take oaccsional bets on SP%00, Ndx, Dax, Dow and of late UK mining sector. I find IG range of instruments, ProReal Charts and its List feature the best available among the providers. I have been with IG for last 6-7 years. 

Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself, it’s great to see so many new faces here!

If you have any suggestions on what you’d like to see in the Community, or what could make it better please do let us know! We’ve had a few suggestions already, and we’ll try and take as much on board as possible, to make this the best space for all involved!

Dan

Hi Dan, hi everyone,

I'm also Dan... I'm very new to trading, having spent my career to date as a helicopter pilot.

Having dabbled with stocks, I've recently started trading the FTSE100 and GBP/USD - I'm trying to find my niche, so at present I'm experimenting with scalping/day trading/swing trading, using mostly technical analysis with an awarenss of the fundamentals & market sentiment. I'm also trying out options strategies, based upon the underlying's volatility.

I can afford to be experimental as I have recently switched to a demo account whilst I build my knowledge and experience - as I'd like to move into trading full time in a couple of years time.

I'm British, but currently living in Italy.

Guest Chanakya

Hello Everyone,

I am pretty new to trading; have been trading since last 6 months. I live in Berkshire, UK and am an IT professional. I trade FTSE100 only with 5 min timeframe. Trading style is S/R + Candle Patterns + 5 Mins timeframe. Eager to contribute and learn.

Regards

Hello to fellow traders. I am recently retired and live in Devon.

I trade U.S. stocks, forex and some U.K. shares. I spread bet these on a daily/intraday basis.I have been trading for about two years

Guest mvbhaskarin

this is VJ. I do spread betting on ftse, dax and us tech 100.

very glad to join with fellow traders for analysis and learning.

thanks

Guest ChrissyH

Hi

I've been playing with SB on Forex for about a year now, on and off. I've found I'm very good at letting losses run and closing winning trades too early, :smileysad: but found that the best way for me is to set a trade and then not watch it. :smileyhappy:

I've had some success recently with the Signals in IG so going to explore that a bit more. Would be interest to know the success people have had with that approach.

Archived