Book cost

Hi

I've recently signed up, set  up a share dealing account, and have had my existing share portfolio transferred in. But the transferred shares have all come across with a book cost of zero. Is there a way to update the book cost so that I can track actual profit/loss?

Thanks!

Also, is there a way to click through (or otherwise easily navigate) from a share you're looking at in the platform page to see more information about it. e.g. I'm looking at trending shares and I notice someone like GSK has something happening - can I easily find navigate from there to detailed research on GSK - stuff like EPS, Yield, Broker ratings etc.

Thanks!

loadsa

Hi - you should be able to use the below to edit book cost. We don't set this when it's transferred from an alternative broker, because we don't get told the value you bought these shares at. You would therefore have to go through your prior records and edit these in. I appreciate it can be a bit of a pain, but this is the only method. 

2017-12-08 11_18_14-Inbox - James.Perry@ig.com - Outlook.png

You can also get share news via the 'Market Data' icon next to this drop down option. You may need to turn this on in the top right hand corner via the Cog. I hope this helps.