Sign in to follow this  

PRT Enhancement request - consistency between equity curves

Question

Hi,

The equity curves for backtests and auto-trading systems are displayed differently. With backtests, it is is easy to see when you have lost more than what you have gained (a move below your initial capital amount), because there is a horisontal line that indicates this. Below this line, the fill colour is also different. With auto-trading systems it's not that easy to see this.

The top chart is the backtest. The bottom chart is of an auto-trading system:

My suggestion is to make them the same, or at least add a 0 value horisontal line on the auto-trading chart.

Like this:

Regards

Stef

2 answers to this question

Hi,

Thanks for sharing that very useful insight. I can see how making a more uniform approach to displaying the equity curves would be of a lot of use as it would allow for quicker analysis of results.

I have passed this point on to the ProRealTime team to look into and hopefully they will be able to make those changes you have mentioned.

As always thanks for your feedback and also please do keep them coming! 

Hi ,

Just to let you know that I have been contacted by ProRealTime. They would like to extend a special thank you to you for the contributions you have given, for which they have discussed in depth and some have been added to the to do list of their Java developers.

Keep up the good work!