Sign in to follow this  

Ripple Overtakes Bitcoin Cash to Become the Third Largest Cryptocurrency

I just did that on EURUSD.  What is the purpose of wanting this anyway?

Edited by Mercury

Looks like a false breakout on Ripple @TrendFollower, what do you think?  Oscillators are over bought and turning back on the Triangle consolidation line.  Personally I'd like to see a firm confirmed breakout.  Bitcoin also remains consolidation pattern bound at present, wouldn't you expect to see all the Cryptos moving together as a category?

Ripple-Daily.thumb.png.fba8b28e5d844601116090b498222459.pngBitcoin-Daily_081118.thumb.png.bc6c0c04c9bf1d7bf2e7a3be6d31fb98.png

Cryptocurrencies are volatile by nature. History tells us this and nothing about its current price activity has altered this so far. This may be changing on Bitcoin based on reports I have read but for the other alt coins volatility does not seem to have changed.

Yes, historically I would have expected to see all cryptocurrencies move together but things are changing. For example Ripple and Stellar's charts are looking different to Bitcoin and Ether's. It seems they both are trying to eat into the market share that Bitcoin and Ether once enjoyed and to a certain extent are still enjoying, well Ether just about! Ripple is hot on its heels to take over as the 2nd largest valued by market cap. 

I do not trade Bitcoin and Ether. I have invested in both of them a couple of years ago through Exchange Traded Notes (ETN's) using XBT Provider One. I managed to invest in Bitcoin when it was around the $2000 mark and have held ever since. They are long term investments for me which I will just hold. I am not sure about adding to them as I watched them go all the way to $20,000 and then back to $6000. 

If Ripple goes below its current 100 day moving average price then my stop loss will execute me out of the trade. This is a more speculative trade for me and I want to test some theories and assumptions to see how they play out and sometimes you can only learn and gain experience by testing in the 'real market' in 'real market conditions'.

One of my assumptions is that Ripple may have bottomed. Yes the price will go up and down like a yo-yo but I assume that it will do so slowly creeping upwards making higher lows which it has been doing since Monday 17th September 2018. It failed to make a higher high which is of concern. 

If the price of Ripple goes below 38.85 then I will accept I got this trade wrong.

Trailing stop triggered. Very small profit and out! I managed a slightly bigger (though still very small) profit on Stellar but hopefully that will put to bed my more speculative nature. ?

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    marcushan
    Joined 20/11/18 11:46
  • Our picks

• #IGCommodityChat: Gold
      We’re sitting down with professional investor Simon Popple and Ross Normal, CEO of Sharps Pixley, to discuss what the future might be for gold markets, and giving you the chance to ask him questions as part of a live Q&A.
      • 0 replies
    • Nissan Shares fall along with Chairman - EMEA Brief 20 Nov
      Nissan shares fell more than 5% following Chairman Carlos Ghosn being placed under arrest for allegedly violating Japanese financial law
      • 0 replies
    • Risk factors - APAC brief 20 Nov
      Risk? No, thanks: Markets have given a resounding “nope” to all varieties of risk overnight. Equities have been slogged on Wall Street, following to a sluggish day in European markets, that saw the FTSE drop 0.2 per cent and the DAX shed 0.85 per cent. Here it looks like this is the convergence punters have been calling: US shares are playing a rapid catch-up with their global counterparts. The losses are piling up. The NASDAQ has been hit the worst in the North American session led by falls in FANG stocks. At time of writing, with about half an hour left in the session, the losses for that index are hovering around 3.00 per cent. That’s not to say the picture is any prettier for the other major US indices: The S&P500 is down just-shy of 2 per cent, and the Dow Jones is much the same.

The havens: Typically, US Treasuries have maintained their bid. The yield on US 10 Year Treasuries has dipped to 3.05 per cent, while the yield on US 2 Year note has fallen further, down 3 points to 2.77 per cent. The markets are scrambling for safety once more as volatility spikes again: the VIX is up to about 21, and that is ample reason for investors to bail-out of equities. The US Dollar is suffering from the drop-in yields, and the Japanese Yen is accepting the safe-haven bid, along with the EUR, which is eyeing off 115 again, supported by (slightly) diminished anxiety around the Italian fiscal crisis. Of course, the Australian Dollar and New Zealand have pulled back, trading at 0.7290 and 0.6840, respectively, although it must be mentioned that commodity prices are holding well enough.
      • 0 replies