Sign in to follow this  

Awesome Oscillator Building Momentum and other IG offerings

I use Oscillators to assist me in entering an exiting a trade. I wanted to share with the community something that some of your may be aware of and some of you may never have heard of.

Awesome Oscillator Building Momentum

The Awesome Oscillator (AO), created (and aptly named) by Bill Williams, is an indicator which is able to show what is happening with driving force of the market.. The Awesome Oscillator is created using the difference between the 34-period and 5-period simple moving averages of the bar’s midpoints (H+L)/2. The AO is usually planned as a histogram in which bars higher than the preceding bar will be colored green. Bars lower than the preceding one will be colored red. The Awesome Oscillator was introduced by Williams in his book “New Trading Dimensions”.

You forgot to mention that IG have got that built into their chart package. I'm using the ones on the old platform and it's there. Do they mention that kind of information which you're providing in the academy section........? I often wonder where they get their ready made numbers from........? There's so much provided on the IG platforms I'm sure many people don't get to find them all out.

I'll try adding it to my work see what happens !!!!

Thought I would check out what of IG's  off the shelf offerings could be useful for catching the big ones in Bitcoin trading. This is what I've discovered for the 1hr chart. Apart from what I've already been using as per the photos that I've been showing off with, the CCI and W%R looked interesting. It seems whenever the line leaves the centre no matter top or bottom it presents a potential buy or sell opportunity. I may include them in my future pics !!!!. I tried the awesome oscillator but it didn't work for me, no doubt because it's got to be set up properly in combination with other offerings and customised research.

Can you broaden this conversation to "Awesome Oscillator Building Momentum And Other IG Offerings" as I don't know how to do it?

Than you enjoy. At the end of the day everybody has got to fine tune everything for themselves timeframes etc.........