Sign in to follow this  
vertue

Stop Loss

Is it possible to introduce a trailing stop once a position has been opened.  It is clear how you do so when you open the trade but not once that position is open.  Tks.  

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Getting Started

Please make sure that you have had a quick look at our Community Guidelines before you start posting.

You can also check out the following tutorials to get up and running as quickly as possible. 

1. How do I start a new topic?
    2. How do I ask a question?
    3. How do I search Community?
    4. How do I access via mobile?
    5. What does 'following' content mean?
  • Handpicked content from IG Community

• Finance ‘fact, but fictionalised’ books
      Get involved with a discussion from one of our Community members; "Which interesting finance and trading related books have you read and would recommend? Maybe they don’t need to ALL be specifically like that but any trading books you find interesting. 

I am currently reading Dark Pool by Scott Patterson and it’s very very interesting. I would recommend reading or getting from Amazon or the library if you can. Paperback is a few quid and it’s an interesting read. All about how these matching engines started and pooled liquidity away from the main exchanges. It gives you a good understanding of the “plumbing” behind it all. Also makes more sense when looking at the market. 

I’m the sort of person who would like to read as much around a topic as possible and I think it makes you a better well rounded trader to understand the back end too. Has anyone else got some books to recommend please?"
      • 6 replies
    • Retail sector profit warnings - EMEA brief 23rd July
      Fear of an increase in protectionism from the United States causes Asian equity markets to dip. Profit warnings rise 29% quarter on quarter to 58 FTSE listed companies. Retail sector leads the way, and its expected the earnings shall continue due to uncertainty in the future.

Looking ahead, a somewhat quiet start to the week on the economic calendar sees eyes turn to eurozone concerns, with the Bundesbank monthly report and consumer confidence from the eurozone. The US markets will be looking towards US existing home sales figure, following on last week’s disappointing building permits and housing starts figures. The earnings season ramps up, with today’s earnings from Alphabet representing the first heavy hitter to keep an eye out for.
      • 0 replies