Volatility during JSE quarterly close out

I have some resource CFD shorts running with stops and wondering what to do over the JSE quarterly close out. What is the actual date and time of the close out ? Are the Stops I have active during the close out period ? Is there a lot of volatility over the close out period which I believe is less than an hour ?

Apologies for my ignorance , I’ve just had a chat with one of my colleagues from our South African office who’s filled me in on the Quarterly Close Out and how it works!

Similar to the auction at the start or the end of the trading day, at 12:00pm on the third Thursday of each quarter (i.e. earlier Today), all JSE stocks will trip into an auction in order to determine the close out price. Like an auction at the beginning or end of the day volume will increase during the 15 minute process and prices may seem skewed however your stop won’t be filled basis any prices during this time.

The result of these auctions, otherwise known as the ‘uncrossing’ price, then feeds into the SA40 calculation to give the final settlement for the quarterly futures.

For more information you can see the JSE’s website here: https://www.jse.co.za/trade/derivative-market/equity-derivatives

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      14/01/21 09:51

Newest Member
    dajobix
    Joined 25/01/21 08:29
    • ah yes, that you see was gallows type humour, as your search skills are progressing so admirably try looking it up. 
    • you see in English, closed means closed and open means open.  It's really quite simple once you've got the hang of it.
    • The govt is caught in a trap. Drunk on power it has run straight into a sewer and is in it up to it's neck. This farce would end tomorrow if the govt either stopped testing asymptomatic people, or capped the cycle threshold of the PCR test to 25, or only used the PCR if an antigen test (Lateral Flow) was positive first. Either of these would burst the bubble of the PCR false positives and 50% to 80% of cases would just disappear. But the govt can't do that because to do so would be an admission of gross incompetence or negligence or worse and would cause an avalanche of compensation claims. The govt's only hope is to keep pretending herd immunity doesn't exist, keep the false positives flowing and pin everything on vaccine immunity. The problem there is that it will take time and will also need 60% - 70% vaccine up take, that currently is looking unlikely so need to ramp up the fear campaign which is why new tv ads were ready and waiting. As soon as the numbers are reached then burst the PCR false positive bubble, give the vaccine the credit and the govt is off the hook. Trouble is no one knows when the numbers will be reached so we are stuck in limbo till then. Meanwhile of course lockdown kills.   Surge of Student Suicides Pushes Las Vegas Schools to Reopen - The New York Times (nytimes.com)   .