Bitcoin, Ethereum and bitcoin cash

Servian

Guest 3hourdrive

Thanks Griffer

All of my positions were in USD as well.  Like I said, I have been using IG markets for 10 years to do all of my trading.  I have never had any issues and for the most part it has been a brilliant trading platform.  I believe this is due to internal adjustments of markets and (I hope) that positions will be reopened at whatever the spot price is for the relevant crypto currency. 

Guest DANNYM

I have checked the daily statement that is automatically generated and I am comparing the 31 Dec 17 vs the 01 Jan 18 (I am in Asia timezone). The statement shows a list of trades under Trade Recaps, same underlying (I had several mini-bitcoins) but all different closing prices. Odd...

I guess we will have more visibility once they open in Australia. Their helpline is likely to be flooded with calls.

We need to calm down guys. They probably should have sent an email saying they were going to close all positions and reopen them later. 

Still they have sent an email saying they will #1 Open bitcoin gold, so why would they close all our positions including bitcoin gold? #2 They are consolidating their crypto positions and getting rid of the big and the mini contract.

Guest 3hourdrive

Good news, my positions have reappeared.  It seems they have scrapped the mini contracts and replaced with USD $1 contracts.

I will sleep much better tonight!

Guest ahsiong

Is there an expiry for ether CFD? Do we need to enable roll over? I'm intending to hold my position for longer term, and afraid if there's any expiry for my position. I don't want my position to be closed unexpectedly.

Guest DANNYM

So everything has been re-instated. I guess they could have communicated better. 

The new contracts are essentially US$ based, with a minimum size of $50 for BTC. I think this is hugely bullish for crypto, and especially for BTC, as it enable investors to get exposure for fractions of BTC, similar to a stock split.

Guest DANNYM

There shouldn't be any expiry, but you need to carefully watch the length of time you remain invested. Remember that you get charged a daily margin rate, and for crypto it is not cheap (0.0416% per day, that is more than 15% cost per annum). While crypto goes up in leaps and bounds, that's ok, but the year btc only goes up 10%, you essentailly book a loss.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• Atomic Wallet is experiencing issues with their staking and rewards, so I would like to transfer my ATOMs to another crypto wallet. I contacted Atomic Wallet Support and they recommended Cosmostation Wallet and gave me instructions on how to do this. I followed the links they sent me, which required me to fill in my seed phrase. My ATOMs transferred to Cosmostation Wallet but were immediately transferred out. I never made that transaction. I contacted Cosmostation Wallet Support and asked them what happened. They informed me that I must have been talking to a scammer posing as support from Atomic Wallet. I contacted Atomic Wallet and they said I wasn't talking to a scammer and those links are legit. I lost my funds because my PC must be infected. Atomic Wallet wouldn't outright scam me would they?  
    • With the recent surge in "Cat Coins," a wave of playfulness and intrigue is sweeping the crypto community. KHAI, a meme token built on the Solana blockchain, is at the forefront of this movement. Fueled by a bullish community sentiment, KHAI has experienced a staggering 15.27% price increase in the past 24 hours, pushing its market cap to a noteworthy 24.4 million dollars. This impressive growth comes on top of a remarkable 94.3% price jump over the past week, significantly outperforming both the global market and other Solana-based cryptocurrencies. Could KHAI be the next big memecoin to reach unprecedented heights? Its recent listing on the Bitget exchange, accompanied by a giveaway event, certainly adds fuel to the fire. However, the question remains: will this newfound attention propel KHAI to even greater heights, or will it succumb to the volatility often associated with memecoins? Only time will tell.
    • Bitcoin halving is set for this week. Bitcoin Halving Event The cryptocurrency was hit hard over the weekend after Iran carried out a series of strikes against Israeli territory. The attack, in response to Israel’s attack on Iran’s consulate in Syria at the start of the month, saw in excess of 350 drones and missiles launched by Iran. According to the Israel Defence Force (IDF), ‘99%’ of these ‘threats’ were successfully intercepted. With the cryptocurrency sector being the only market open over the weekend, traders used the sector’s liquidity to hedge risk. Bitcoin hit a low of $60.6k as news of the impending strike filtered through, while Ethereum hit a multi-week low of $2,845. In the altcoin space, losses of 25% or more were seen, sparking multiple liquidation stories. Prices across the board are pushing higher today, but the weekend’s losses will take some time to fully recover. The weekend sell-off saw Bitcoin fall below both the 20- and 50-day simple moving averages for the first time since late January. Both of these will need to be recovered convincingly, along with a prior resistance-turned-support level at $69k, before Bitcoin can make a fresh attempt at the mid-March $73.78k all-time high. BITCOIN DAILY PRICE CHART – APRIL 15TH, 2024     Ethereum is over 3% higher today after making a multi-month low of $2,845 on Saturday. Ethereum must reclaim both the 20- and 50-day moving averages before $ 3,582 comes back into play. Above here, the April 8th/9th double high at $3,728 comes into focus. ETHEREUM DAILY PRICE CHART – APRIL 15TH, 2024   All charts via TradingView What is your view on Bitcoin and Ethereum – bullish or bearish?       Apr 15, 2024 1:30 PM +02:00 Nick Cawley, Senior Strategist DailyFX
us