Sign in to follow this  

Ripple Effect - After around 24 hours

, Cryptocurrencies in general are going down. The movement downwards has been rather aggressive and quick. Bitcoin, Ether, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold and Litecoin are all also going down. There is a current sell off at the moment, I would urge you to look at the charts to really appreciate this.

Even Cryptocurrencies like Stellar, IOTA, Cardano, etc. are all declining heavily. The current charts are not indicating any reason to go long at this moment in time (5:38 am) at the time of writing.

Some may argue that it is because of the announcement the Indian Government made recently, South Korea and China's recent statements or even the decision of certain banks to ban the purchase of Cryptocurrencies on credit cards as having an impact. I am not so sure. It may have contributed only slightly but this current 'bloodbath' in Cryptocurrencies may have happened regardless. Who knows.

For those who are currently in a short position then I would suggesting holding until the trend reverses and there is a clear signal / confirmation. Should anyone open a new short position? This is all dependant on your risk tolerance as if the trend does change then as many of us have witnessed it could shoot back up very quickly and aggressively on the way up. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    Sanjaa123
    Joined 25/04/19 03:54
    • Thursday's pre-market big names and charts.
    • US durable goods data at 1:30 pm today. Dow and S&P still loitering just under the ATHs losing momentum but not looking too concerned, still waiting for a push. On the H1 Dow working it's way up to the new daily pivot around 26600 and Dax looking up at a first target of yesterday's high at 12350.
    • @Xtian, Unfortunately the DRIP option is not available on IG. I accept this is disappointing for those who really want this option. This question keeps on constantly appearing. There are other threads on this very question where you will find more detail. If you type 'DRIP' or 'Dividend Reinvestment' in the search box and press enter then you should find other threads with this very question. 
    • @tombarrow, On IG's UK Spread Betting platform there are quite a few Commodities that have both the 'Spot' and 'Futures' option available trade. There are some where just 'Spot' is available and others where 'Futures' is just available. You will have to go through them to ascertain which they are. If you look at Precious Metals then they all have a 'Spot' and 'Futures' option. I suppose there is more liquidity from a markets / trading perspective which could possibly be the reason for this. Yes there is overnight funding for 'Spot'. You are right 'Futures' do not have overnight funding but the spreads are less attractive.  No overnight funding will not be displayed on the trade. IG will inform you of the charges by sending you a daily statement which includes them. You can alternatively go to the charges / cost section and try and work out the charges yourself.
    • Hi there New to trading metals and wanted to understand a bit more about the spot and futures pricing. I'll make the question in sections so it is easier to answer. 1) For base metals it seems only HG Copper has a futures and spot option. Does this mean there are no futures trading for the other metals? Or is the spot price derived from the LME 3 Month Futures Price? 2) Are there expiry dates on the spot prices and is there overnight funding for spot? (I am aware futures do not have overnight funding but are embedded into the spreads).   3) If there is overnight funding or an expiry date will they be displayed on the trade?
  • Our picks