Sign in to follow this  

Has the Oil rally peaked?

Good chance we could rise into the US open. Though due a pull back now. Yes UK based

key moment now it's coming back to my entry point - hoping it turns again in which case I may short entry for a split bet.......

yes UK.  C

Yes still committed.  When I go in I let my Stop do the worrying for me and move on to other things or I get tied up in second guessing myself.  It may take several hours to resolve and could spike a bit before heading down so why worry?  The chances of hitting the top exact are almost infinitesimally small so you gotta expect and plan for some loss period before it comes good.

Was that the turn 10pts  short of earlier?  looked like it to me....hope so.  C

I have a hit on the upper line of my congestion zone, a small poke through the Daily Fib 38%, which is providing resistance at present.  Of course this could still be a W3-4 turn or a short lived resistance point before a strong push in a rally.  Either way the market should retrace a bit and allow for a stop move to B/E to protect against any rally.  Let's see...

Well I've added a second short believing rightly or wrongly that was a turn so now I can have a split bet going down and hopefully take profit on one and let the other ride.........we'll see.  C

Is Brent Crude in a mirror ending Triangle formation with USDCAD?  If the lower line is broken Oil could move down fast.

Getting movement across many markets in the run up to US open, I have a feeling this US open, or shortly thereafter will decide things for a good many markets.  That's very crystal ballish I know...

well that was horrible the oil when north rapidly and crashed through my stop losses :-( .....  C

Is this the real thing, is this just fantasy ?

I will wait for a pullback from this high to maybe go long and see what happens from there.

Russia and Saudi announce agreement on oil production freeze regardless of Iran. Oil price spike up.

Ah now i know why  - Announcement by Russia & Saudi on some accord on production, C  (just heard on bloomberg TV)

Oil is a spiky market because there are just a few big players, not one for trading all the time and if you do trade it at all you have to take these things on the chin.  Actually the spike up wasn't that strong for such an alleged piece of news...

Surely that cant be right, and if it was it doesnt include Iran so far- and they will keep pumping and fill in the holes to get the revenue and market share.

Just been reviewing WTI 1 hour and there is a mini channel north within the  wider uptrend that I posted yesterday.

Will continue to analyse - ( no Zees here :smileyhappy:)

Saudi, Russia and the US are very far ahead of all the others in their ability to pump quantity. Any alliance of any the big three would be significant.

False or not it blew out my stops - as Mercury says one to take on the chin, goes with the territory of Oil i guess

Im glad I didnt join that party today - was waiting for a confirmation - phew.

WTI now at 61.8 fib on last major down run - lets see where we go from here.

Buy on rumour, sell on fact comes to mind - as does Fergies "sqeaky **** time"

Hard to see anything other than a steady rise on Oil now.  Time to step back and await events and focus on other markets.

The more I ponder this the more I look at the economics behind it.

We are now close to $42 on crude - at this level the shale boys will want to produce and offload given that the US is almost full and they have loans to pay. That could have a downward effect almost irrespective of Doha - interesting times ahead. The more we rally, the more production comes back on line - but economies are not demanding enough. Will be interesting to see how many  wells have opened up this week in the report.

Any comments/thoughts appreciated.

I'm out of Oil for the time being too - nasty surprise but contained by stop losses at reasonable level/acceptable loss level. C

that's trading!  make your assessment, take only an acceptable risk and live to fight another day.

Now how bout this GBP/EUR/USD thang?

it will be interesting to see if this rally continues, which their are no doubt some skepticism, as Mercury quite rightly pointed out, the more oil rallies, the more incentive their is for shale producers to switch on the taps again. This is why the opec meeting will by watched like a hawk by many. However if Saudi arabia wants to become a dominant player, they will have to seriously contemplate whether it is in their interest to take part in cutting oil production, when they unlike others can dig it out of the group for $2-4 and still make a profit, or risk loosing market dominance against other Opec producers  as well as shale.

ya pays yer money, ya takes yer choice.  I predict a lot of hype about the meeting on the 17th, with an associated rally, probably to the $50+ mark and then disappointment as no deal will be struck and the market will drop again.

For me there are easier markets than this one, I was interested in a turn and dropp scenario but I'll leave it until another major turn comes onto the horizon (somewhere between $50-55 is my guess at present).

Although this rally no doubt shocked everyone, there may, be something on this chart that might want us to keep a close eye on, although channeling up, we are a weekly pivot resistance approaching, and momentum also raising a few flags, expecially with the trend.

A few hours later on the chart.

If we reach 50 by the 17th then no one will want to do a freeze! Buy the dip till then.

The answer to my original question is NO, Oil hadn't peeked... Fortunately I made profit on the dip that paid for my stops of late so no worries.

Just a quick watch out to the Bulls, my A-B-C premise isn't fully dead yet and 4500 is a critical point.  If price makes a nice 1-5 up to this and turns then that could still be the Wave C...

Will be interesting to watch and if other signals are favourable I might chance a tight stop protected Short about there.

I think the current retrace is a W3-4, so a final wave up should shed further light.  I'll be waiting for that to show itself before doing anything.

Hmm!  This is meat and drink to contrarians.  This will no doubt filter into main stream media very quickly and comes, maybe, near the end of a strong rally.  I wonder...

Yes, it often pays to get ready to do the exact opposite to the big news analysts. Meanwhile...