Sign in to follow this  
oilfxpro

Trend retrace system trade entry

I have just place a trade on Eurusd using the trend retrace strategy

You can get detailed strategy here:

https://profitabletraders.wordpress.com/trend-retrace-strategy/

The trend retrace strategy  enters trades, after a trend has been established on the 4 hour and daily charts.The trade is entered after a retrace in the trend.I usually use a small stop below the last low, in an uptrend.

This is a live trade , it can breakdown, nothing is certain.More images below with videos

trend retracement.jpga

casey.jpga

What is a Retracement?

A retracement is simply a short-term reversal in the trend, a pullback in an uptrend or a rally in a downtrend.

The market rarely moves higher or lower in a straight line. After a market has made an initial push, we often see a reversal, a retracement in price. Given the frequency of this occurrence we are able to get into the market at this retracement level and take part in the larger move.

Forex is not good for trend trading, good on trendy instruments.Euro does not want to trend.

traded option spread on dow trend retracement 

bought call first  later sold higher call

trend option spread.jpg

Yesterday's Euro trade made 55  ticks on the original call, but it was stopped out for  a loss of 2 ticks when it broke down.

The second option trade made 30 Ticks

call option fx.jpgeuro.jpg

You have included the word 'profitable' in the title while offering no statistical analysis to back the claim. Clearly spurious.

I  have been trading them for years.In this thread I showed three trade able profitable opportunities  

You can see their retraces and subsequent forward thrusts.They work and make profit , more times than not  for me.People like you will screw up, when they get opportunities, like you screwed up on Dax. You were advised others to go  short when it was a trend retracement.It is the blind leading the newer blind to forex.If somebody of your status screwed up, think how many new traders will screw up.:smileylol::smileylol:

You guys don't need to attack my threads to screw up , the new traders will screw up anyway, by following the blind.Below are examples of trend retracements long term on DOW, EUR USD, DAX AND FTSE

casey wplonku.jpgretacement.jpg

retraces to ma

dow tre rtr2.jpgeur usd trend retra.jpgftse trend retracement.jpgtr rtr oil.jpg

3 trades are statistically insignificant and therefore inappropriate cause to add the adjective 'profitable' amend the title immediately.

For me it is profitable, as per images provided on Dax, Dow, Ftse,Oil and eurusd..

As you are getting jealous of profitable traders, I have amended this post.

Your claims are unsubstantiated and spurious. You fall into the same category as most flyby forum pundits, make big claims then fail to provide any backup stats because by then we have already moved onto yet another 'system'. 

These are very old systems, I have used in the past and currently only trade , when there is an opportunity.You talk nonsense, I don't change, I still use old strategies.

Percentage works the same for any account size, but realistically all these 'successful systems' have not actually increased your account size at all over the last 2 years.

If you are posting your trades to help other traders then you should add your entry, stop loss and target point so we can see what your aim is. Also, why did you think that was a retracement on eurusd? Would be helpful to know what you are thinking and why.

If it's just to document your trades then that's fine we don't need the above details.

If you can make 20-30% on a small account, then you'll be able to make it on a large account. When you are confident with the strategy and are trading larger sizes then it'll give others the confidence to follow and ask you more questions. Well done on the options trade.

Situation

If you read the trade post ,the first post, the trade has a stop on the account image at 1.2114 , entry 12121 .The image also shows this.

This is a trend breakout, then a minor retrace on 5 min charts.

Sorry about that but because I trade off my mobile I can't see any figures off the charts posted by anyone so I can't see what time, entries or exits. That's why I normally ask what time frame etc.

Can you explain what trade you did on eurusd above. You went long but then bought a daily call. Why did you not just keep your long position on?

Where is the call trade option on the ig platform?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Getting Started

Please make sure that you have had a quick look at our Community Guidelines before you start posting.

You can also check out the following tutorials to get up and running as quickly as possible. 

1. How do I start a new topic?
    2. How do I ask a question?
    3. How do I search Community?
    4. How do I access via mobile?
    5. What does 'following' content mean?
  • Handpicked content from IG Community

• Comcast / Disney bidding war ends - EMEA brief 20th July
      The Comcast / Disney bidding war for 21st Century Fox ended yesterday with the former pulling out of the race. Comcast have stated they are still planning on pursuing Sky. Asian equity markets pushed higher overnight over a volatile trading session as the Chinese yuan bounced off a one year low. Trump showed displeasure towards the Fed's hikes, criticising policy and highlighting concerns on the potential impact of rising interest rates on the US economy causing the Dollar to sag.

The losses seen in some of the Asian markets are expected to continue in Europe, with small drops for indices expected. Canadian CPI is the sole macro point of interest, while on the earnings front General Electric and Schlumberger report figures. The US dollar will also be in focus after President Trump commented that further rate increases could derail the economic boom in the US.
      • 0 replies
    • Market Screening for Dividend Opportunities
      This article will also look at IGs market screening tool and attempt to come up with some ideas the stocks that could be bought on the basis of the dividend they offer. It seems a good time to at least begin starting to look at stocks that pay a good dividends (begin creating a Watchlist maybe?)  but crucially stocks that also seem capable of continuing to pay that dividend.

The reason for this article is the markets have been a bit turbulent lately: there are various geopolitical events on the horizon (which could trigger panic in the market) but also because with stocks trading near all-time highs it may be more prudent to look for stocks that pay in income (dividend) rather than stocks for future the growth potential. And lastly the previous stock market crash was 10 years ago. That in itself is not a sign of doom, but history repeats, eventually. 😉
        • Great!
      • 5 replies