Sign in to follow this  

Selling dax with weekly options put spread

Selling dax with daily options put spread 

I don't usually short sell the indices.On this occasion I have seen a opportunity to buy  the 13450 weekly put.I may lose money on it.If the price shows a trend continuation set up, I will long it as well.

The set up

It has come to top of channel  and previous horizontal resistance, it has risen on thin air without buyers on friday.

The 13450 put has cost me 81.2  , price is at 13455.I may sell a 13300 put for 28.5 at same time, my net cost is 52.7  with a potential reward of 97.3 if price falls below 13300 ,on expiry at end of week..This example is to show how I trade and think.

Anyone following this trade must accept a loss of option premium of 52.7 , short uncovered  option trades are dangerous.

This thread is about weekly  option spreads, this is how I trade them.

https://community.ig.com/t5/Indices-and-Macro-Events/Selling-dax-with-daily-options-put/m-p/20629#M1997

trade oportunity.jpg

Oh dear, just looking at the mql5 forum where oilpro is called out for system hopping by iGoR (well known MT4 programer). iGoR starts his post calling oilpro  'El Cid' which was another incarnation but oilpro helpfully responds as himself. 

The point iGoR is making is the same as we see here on this forum, a continuous flow of new 'systems'.

As with the T2W forum this adventure on the mql5 forum fades because oilpro, in the last 3 pages, just ends up talking to himself.

ofp7.PNG

Casey

iGOR was an amateur trader, not a programmer.  iGOR is a clear example of the blind leading the blind on forums

iGoR  is a forum guru/teacher  who thinks  he knows something,  iGoR  is  a teacher like you and the teachers at tradecity.com.He is like many of the forum teachers who know nowt, behind every genius on forums is an ordinary man trying to express himself.He was an amateur, who needs to teach, like all your tradecity  teachers and educators.

Set and Forget Breakout system by FXiGoR

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177947

Everything you know about breakout trading is wrong

Yet, breakout trading is one of the first trading strategies many are introduced to in the field of technical analysis.

http://www.futuresmag.com/2013/04/23/everything-you-know-about-breakout-trading-wrong

Don't compare amateurs with a pro, one who can call advanced trades, which you fail to do.

no, iGoR is a programer and is still active today, he could not find your systems "reliable". Hit the nail on the head when he suggested that instead of posting a new system every week why not trial them for 3 months to see if they do well, then post.

And of course an actual pro is not sitting on a £1000 account after 10 years of trading (system hopping).

https://www.dukascopy.com/fxcomm/blog/?action=post-show&post_id=100848&language=en

iGoR  is a  system hopper,  something you  learnt about yourself.He uses a demo account , and you are his worshiper.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175105

https://www.dukascopy.com/fxcomm/?page=News&post=758&language=en

WEBINAR BY "FXIGOR" ON "NOVEMBER 2016 STRATEGY CONTEST 1ST PLACE WINNER"

http://forum.mt5.com/showthread.php?62765-Fxigor-forex-trading-strategy/page4

I am sorry Igor. 50 pips is my loss. Never trade before news ! Cheers!

I don't actually use any of the indicators he has written so hardly a 'worshipper' but he is well known and may well have been system hopping for as long as you have. He gave you good advice though, shame you weren't listening. 

I refer you the threads started by myself such as 'Technical Analysis 101' and 'dax' that were derailed by actual nonsense.

You want revenge , this is why, you start destroying good threads!

I actually debunked with rebuttals  links, all yoh opinions on t/a.

No, you swamp a thread with nonsense memes and gifs and abstract links and pretend that proves something. I'm am only pointing out your pass history of pushing 'systems' that don't last a week. 

This system is making money , but if applied by people, who don't understand when to use systems, the system applied by unskilled traders will not last a week.

I use multiple systems, knowing when to apply each.

I remind you that when you started back on this forum (September) you were pushing just the one 'system' your long-only dax options and when I pointed out that it could not work in all markets you were adamant it would. After it failed you have since unveiled a stream of 'systems' trawled off the web at the rate of about one a week.   

An RR of 1:1 on a 115 tick move is laughable, this must be why you were either banned by, or just abandoned all the other forums you flooded with this garbage before you move on to this one. No one with any common sense would figure this was smart trading. 

All the private forums are full of trading failures of the 95% club , some of the failures end up as teachers to the new blind, so they become the blind leading the blind.They ban the profitable traders.

See your own previous post on this thread. Cost 52, profit 63, on a 115 tick move. Yes, your self confessed failure over the last 10 years is making some sense now.

As you have admitted, over the last 10 years you have never been profitable. We can see why.

Now comes the bit where you post links to far away places decorated with meaningless gifs and memes.

See your own previous post on this thread. Cost 52, profit 63, on a 115 tick move. Yes, your self confessed failure over the last 10 years is making some sense now.

Says he who can't do, but he who can never make a live call in advance.