Sign in to follow this  

Bitcoin

Around the $9255.78 will be an interesting price point. If Bitcoin passes this then it starts getting exciting.

It hit $8762 today and is already around 6.5% up at the time of writing this.

Agreed, the 9255 zone is a big level with confluence of the 61.8 Fib level and about to meet the 100ma but needs to get through resistance level 8595 first (prior highs).

BTCUSD(£)H4.png

Bitcoin often does what we least expect it to and the technical charts indicate scope for a possible rise to around $9000 levels. I say possible as this is Bitcoin after all. On the 1 hour chart  Bitcoin has breached the rising trend line.

Bit New xx.png                                                        No way will it reach $22,000 end of Feb

11:55 am Saturday 17/02/2018

Looks like based on last years support and resistance arrows if the market now consolidates nicely over $10,600 it should go higher other wise next stop down will be the 20 MA and then failing that then it will be back below $10,000 and as low as $9,400. Enjoy !

Bitcoin heading up - just broke $11,000 up from nice consolidation over $10,600 as predicted

Bit Mega.png

Based on previous pattern market will hold at MA area or head back down towards lower Bollinger Band - Support area. No worries. Upward trend line still intact.

, yes I read this story too. Interesting. The question for me now is whether this is a false move to sucker new investors in or whether Bitcoin will hit a new all time high this year in 2018? I think one of these options will happen and I think it is more likely to be that Bitcoin makes a new all time high this year. 

If I am wrong then I am wrong but that is my call at this moment in time. If other people think like this as well all over the world then there could be another monumental move coming in Bitcoin. If not then $1000 it is! Also until a clear winner emerges in the Cryptocurrency space then I think Bitcoin will remain the Crypto with the biggest market cap.

Have just added in a trend line from my 4 hour chart to the 2 hour chart just in case I need to switch because to a key Bollinger point for me just below $10,100 on the 2 hour chart is looking vulnerable. Otherwise no worries.bit mega x.png

Swapping $400 million of real money for virtual money makes more sense when looking at the weekly chart, scroll to see the Feb 9th post.

real1.PNG

Bitcoin is back down in the 9300 region of past support and resistance, the daily chart also has the 200 MA at this level and the redrawn Fib (now from the high down to the low) at 23.6%. A clear break here could lead to a charge on down to retest that low at 5896.

BTCUSD(£)Daily.png

When I look at the 4 hour chart then Bitcoin from the middle of December 2017 to now has a downward bias. That does not necessarily mean it will go down to the high 5000's but it is possible if historical price behaviour patterns are followed. 

However, with Bitcoin when you least expect it, it can accelerate upwards and catch traders on the wrong side of a trade. To change the current trend Bitcoin in my opinion needs to break past the $11500 level. If not then it could even hit the late $3900's. 

Very uncertain times at the moment and hard to call either way. The coming week will be interesting in terms of price action.

True enough, the market is always uncertain, only the future can look at today with certainty. No point in trying to predict, so forget the 'hook' and wait for the 'reveal', and then react. For all we know we are looking at the start of a giant inverse head and shoulders pattern.

There have been sharp drops in December, January and February. So one would expect (not necessarily a given) a sharp drop in March, especially those who follow statistical probability, price behaviour and pattern identification. 

If Bitcoin goes through March without this 'sharp drop' then it could be argued that this would be the confirmation of a change in pattern and that the price behaviour is commencing a new course.

What will be the big movers that gives crypto another much needed bump up. ETH futures would be good, and the technical aspects such as lightening on bitcoin or sharding. All time highs by June would nice nice but if I’m honest I don’t see it nearly as likely as I did I December.

However, this time last year BTC 20k was a ‘never in a million years’ concept. ETH 5k would be the dream ...

Bitcoin will need something major and fundamental to turn that chart around. Bitcoin is being dropped as a payment system soon after take up as users find high transaction fees and slow speed and there is also the high energy consumption. 

https://hackernoon.com/ten-years-in-nobody-has-come-up-with-a-use-case-for-blockchain-ee98c180100

visa1.PNG

- I have seen from your articles that you possibly have a more neutral to negative view on bitcoin. Would that be fair to say? If so can we maybe get who seems to be pro to have some sort of debate off? Start with a few statements and each has 100 words or less to formulate a reply. Like they have in city am on contrasting views (if you read it) ?

lol, I think   will say he has debated this topic for an age and will refer you to his previous posts. Personally I just look at it from a traders perspective and am not so concerned with the bigger picture. I thought that particular article was interesting as it was the first I had seen that was not just a critique of bitcoin but of blockchain as well. 

I both a long term investor in Bitcoin and Ether but also will trade the Cryptocurrencies available on IG via spread betting like Bitcoin, Ether, Ripple, etc. 

I am an investor in companies that invest in Blockchain and Tokenisation. Examples are Coinsillium, KR1 (Kryptonite) and Vela Technologies. I was invested in Blue Star Capital but my stop loss triggered and I was out. Also there are something like 1.2 billion shares in issue and there is high dilution risk. The chart is looking ugly too. I was in Blue Star Capital from the perspective of getting some exposure to SatoshiPay. However SatoshiPay is moving very slowly indeed which is worrying. So in a way I am glad I am out. If things change then I can always go back in. 

I accept the argument that Blockchain take up has been extremely slow but it really is gaining momentum and traction now. I think Blockchain is a disruptive technology that will make a big difference to certain not all industries. I like BTL which is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange and Vela Technologies has a stake in.

When I get a chance and some spare time I will start a new Blockchain post with information that others can read and have a think about.

Here's a great video - the reason I link it is there's a tiny reference in it  to Quantum computing & what it might mean to Bitcoin 

That looks interesting  though at over an hour long I think I'll watch over the weekend, in the meantime bitcoin is making another run up to the down trendline.

BTCUSD(£)H4.pngBTCUSD(£)Daily.png

I am referring to SatoshiPay if you read my posts again. Blue Star Capital which I no longer hold has a 33% equity stake in SatoshiPay. There are rumours of reverse takeovers and all sorts but who knows. 

https://satoshipay.io

It is operating in the nano payments arena.