Stop/limit/profit/loss values on chart

Hi all,

I wonder if anybody knows how to change the stop loss on the charts for an existing existing trade, over to currency rather than points. Sorry if I am being rather vague, but can't think of another way to put it.

It seems to work on IOS but not on Windows platform.

Many thanks.

To add a stop via the charts on the new web trading platform would require the following method: On the open position click the link or the box telling you your size. 

2018-01-29 09_17_34-IG Trading Platform _ Spread Betting.png

Click, hold, and drag down the button that says stop / limit. The chart will known whether or not this is a stop or limit depending on which way you drag. Release and click submit to have it submitted. You will see a confirm if it was successful. 

2018-01-29 09_16_17-IG Trading Platform _ Spread Betting.png

So how do you now change the stop loss to read a currency figure instead of points. It works on IOS, but not in Windows.

The reason for me asking is that I want to know in money terms where I  am setting the stop loss.

Hi - using the method above will show the financial cost (as shown below in the green circle). Please remember that with a non-guaranteed stop this financial value is only an indication as the market could slip over this level and you could be filled at a worse price. 

2018-01-29 11_10_53-Re_ How to add a stop or limit on the new web platform charts _ IG Community.png

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    Vintage57
    Joined 24/06/21 09:12
    • The Bank of England (BoE), will commence their latest monetary policy announcement at midday 12:00 (UK Time), on Thursday 24 June 2021. Tune in to IGTV’s live BoE announcement and analysis at 11:55 AM BST on Thursday in the IG platform. Today at 12:00 (UK Time): GBP BoE Interest Rate Decision Prev: 0.1% Est:0.1% Bank of England Quarterly Inflation Report  Monetary Policy Summary report BoE MPC Vote Unchanged  Prev: 9 Est:9   BoE Asset Purchase Facility (Jan)  Prev: £895B Est:£895B   BoE MPC Vote Cut  Prev: 0 Est:0   BoE MPC Vote Hike  Prev: 0 Est:0
    • if anyone is looking for the site to promote their crypto compnay's product or services then Cryptocurrency and Fintech ads are the best site to choose.
    • It really IS that stupidly simple - the hard part as with lots of methods is how you play it and manage the risk Sometimes though its not the actual, actual low it could be a swing low  A chap from the USA called Walter Bressert (Deceased) back in the 1980's published work on a 20 day cycle in the SP500 along with other things Larry Williams back in the 1980's also published in one of his books on trading a 4 year cycle on the dow/SP500 that goes back 200 years with a highish win rate - Aug-Oct time every 4 years expect a low turn point in the market - 2018 was out by a 2 months - but you can see the cycle right there on the chart below Note - The Dec low was a major Time Cycle expected that overrode the 4 yr cycle, so although it looks to have been a high/failure, the TC due Dec 2018 took precedence Next line to keep an eye out for is Aug-Oct time 2022 Sometimes depending on the market you might have to work to part days which would mean running on intraday timeframes which adds complexity to seeing the cycles - so don't expect to run a 20 day low to low cycle on x market and expect to see it, some markets work off high to high cycles - but for the FTSE100 its a 20 day visible low to low cycle on a daily time frame chart as published Again there's easier things to trade than this - I'm just publishing stuff most people aren't aware of, to show that the markets aren't random beasts that most people think they are - there's an order to them