Indices

3 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Tom, what is your directional bias apropos of the charts 🤔

intraday always look to the Daily Pivot, if above expect continuation up and if below then down but Dow and S&P are on opp sides at the mo, would expect Dow to follow S&P and Dax to follow Dow.

image.thumb.png.6425acc7e9d41801b51425b09195356f.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Caseynotes said:

intraday always look to the Daily Pivot, if above expect continuation up and if below then down but Dow and S&P are on opp sides at the mo, would expect Dow to follow S&P and Dax to follow Dow.

image.thumb.png.6425acc7e9d41801b51425b09195356f.png

This is a difficult one to backtest 100 times, as the pivots don't usually go far back enough on a single instrument.  I suppose it could be tested 100 times by taking recent data for multiple instruments.  I'll try it and put it in a new thread :)

31 minutes ago, dmedin said:

This is a difficult one to backtest 100 times, as the pivots don't usually go far back enough on a single instrument.  I suppose it could be tested 100 times by taking recent data for multiple instruments.  I'll try it and put it in a new thread :)

I wouldn't trade the pivots themselves but rather use them as recognisable and respected boundaries so am looking to trade pullbacks as price transits between one pivot to the next.

image.thumb.png.abf51a310defe5ea845e31120ef9d634.png

• Great! 1

What you see is what you'll get: No upside for European stocks - Reuters poll

European stocks are expected to stall for the rest of 2020 and miss out on the bull market which has propelled Wall Street to record highs, a Reuters poll of 27 fund managers, strategists and brokers published on Wednesday showed.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-europe-stocks-poll/what-you-see-is-what-youll-get-no-upside-for-european-stocks-reuters-poll-idUKKBN25M13E?il=0

Plenty more fuel for the rally

So far, so good. But surely everyone is now loaded up with equity and sitting on one of the biggest ever bets on economies completing the recovery?

Not quite, reckon JPMorgan analysts. They estimate non-bank investors with mixed asset portfolios are currently allocating just 41% to equity.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-global-equity/column-whos-loaded-up-on-stocks-fewer-than-you-may-think-idUKKBN25O13Q