Indices

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was interesting @PandaFace, even more so now as people realised Trump was only discounting the most severe response  to China (for the moment), not actually halting the 'trade war'. Bounce off th

JESS ........TWO BARKS FOR BUY     ONE BARK FOR SELL   ???

Dax pausing at the weekly R1 and Dow within striking distance of it's all time high. H1 charts;

Posted Images

17 hours ago, dmedin said:

Germany 30 poised with its breeches down too.  I am using a laptop screen so my charts look cramped.

Germany 30_20200804_03.23.png

I was awake at the time because I had an appointment, but I didn’t have any comment to make about it. It was just a small move down by the European indices unsupported elsewhere. Often during those hours there is a contraction in volatility, but occasionally there is an easy low risk entry. The Dax made its high for the week at that time last week.     

• Like 1

Volatility is such fun. If you are on the right side of it , of course.

Dow@ 27239, will go higher expect 27550+/- 1%. Then hang on to your shorts as it's big swinging cahones time. If there is no more stimulus, saving the Fed largesse then watch the Dow sink 3-5% as retrenchment may be the order of the day. With stimulus expect a gain, then retrenchment, then exuberance, then retrenchment, then a small nervous breakdown....... It's as if the Dow has become the schizophrenic naughty cousin of the S&P. Today is the last day before the delayed August break for Congress so it's pooh or bust for legislators, who will naturally blame each other if they fail to agree.  Ahh the competence of governments.......

• Great! 2
4 hours ago, 786Trader said:

Volatility is such fun. If you are on the right side of it , of course.

Dow@ 27239, will go higher expect 27550+/- 1%. Then hang on to your shorts as it's big swinging cahones time. If there is no more stimulus, saving the Fed largesse then watch the Dow sink 3-5% as retrenchment may be the order of the day. With stimulus expect a gain, then retrenchment, then exuberance, then retrenchment, then a small nervous breakdown....... It's as if the Dow has become the schizophrenic naughty cousin of the S&P. Today is the last day before the delayed August break for Congress so it's pooh or bust for legislators, who will naturally blame each other if they fail to agree.  Ahh the competence of governments.......

But isnt it August break is cancelled till there is an agreement on the bill?

Indices have been money-losers all week on the hourly chart.  A lot of FX pairs have been losers too, unless you like counter-trend trading.  Commodities have all sold off like MFers.

Not been a good week.  Oh well, there's always next.

9 hours ago, 786Trader said:

Then hang on to your shorts as it's big swinging cahones time.

If folks did a staggered entry and exit with amounts they are comfortable with they would be dancing to the Hokey Pokey instead.

Everybody form a circle
Put your left foot in
Your left foot out
Your left foot in
And shake it all about
You do the hokey pokey
And turn yourself around

Now put your right foot in
Your right foot out
Right foot in
Then you shake it all about
And then you do the hokey pokey