US Tech 100_20200830_23.12.png

Well, Eileen?

Well, Cassandra?

Well, Samwise Gamgee?

Well, Eyrkah Badu?

Samantha sweetheart, Japan is back from the brink 😘

Japan 225_20200831_05.00.png

Oh Tom, Reuters is being negative :(

"Correction Fears Are Mounting" (1156 Gmt)

Here is an interesting feedback from Barclays' equity strategy team, which reported that sentiment is not that bullish among investors.

"As markets have turned decidedly more risk-on, correction fears are mounting among many investors we speak to", the strategists write in their latest note.

So what's troubling these investors?

"A few technicals look stretched, with RSI (Relative Strength Index) outright overbought for S&P500 (but not for SX5E), Put/Call ratio back to the lows and looming negative September seasonality, while U.S. elections, jittery bond market and second virus wave in Europe are potential headwinds", Barclays says.

Anyhow, their strategists remain quite confident even if one can never rule out a sudden change of trend.

"We remain of the view that the unwind of the massive flight to safety seen ytd is likely closer to the beginning than the end, and that the still light positioning as a whole provides positive asymmetry to equities".

Here's the RSI showing how the S&P is arguably overbought and how the EURO STOXX 50 isn't:

(Julien Ponthus)

Enormous uptick in volume and it is indeed 'overbought' according to the RSI.

XhECOFoX

Aussie index looking like it's about to fall quite far

Australia 200_20200831_07.31.png

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 05:36, elle said:

still a little more to go ?

Capture us 500 m.PNG

Capture ct1.PNG

• Sad 1

Volatility rises from the ashes like the phoenix, Eileen 😮 

Volatility Index_20200901_02.43.png

Looks like the Footsie has enough momentum to fall to at lest 5800, Eileen 😞

aRQQxKtc

Edited by dmedin

Gearing up for a new upthrust?  Buy the dips canny loons 🤓

Wall Street_20200901_03.47.png

S&P 500 is also a buy in the short term if a bullish candle appears and takes us up past R1.

US 500_20200901_04.11.png

Edited by dmedin

20 hours ago, dmedin said:

Aussie index looking like it's about to fall quite far

Australia 200_20200831_07.31.png

Still selling off hard, but AUD/USD is appreciating :D

Australia 200_20200901_04.14.png

16 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Time to go long, Tom

Too close to the whipsaw of the London open but keep an eye on 3511.

image.thumb.png.94e4d302cfefedc8bac0f3bf089ee4d7.png

• Great! 1

Guest caluri.d@gmail.com

ahahha

Wrap your chops around that big stonker Jessamine 🤓

Germany 30_20200902_08.16.png

💃Well, Eileen?  Well, Tamsin?  Well, Patricia?  Well, Veronica?  Well, Juan Gonzales?  Well, Samwise Gamgee?  Well, Erykah Badu?  

US 500_20200902_09.51.png

Observe the divergence between a rising price and the positioning of big speculators in the bottom row.  Does this explain why the 'professionals' are so salty about 'millennials' and are desperate for a market crash to wipe out all the retail clients?  So that they can retain their privileged status ...

ubyflLeE

Edited by dmedin

The phoenix continueth apace to rise, Jeremiah.

Volatility Index_20200902_14.52.png

Time for me to suspend my trading for the day before it turns into a total clusterf*k.  Don't want to give up all of yesterday's gains :)

18 minutes ago, dmedin said:

The phoenix continueth apace to rise, Jeremiah.

Volatility Index_20200902_14.52.png

The Nasdaq’s ballistic move up in recent weeks may have come to an end (not that I trade it).

• Sad 1

Suit yourself, trading the Nasdaq is highly profitable.

Nevertheless, I won't short it while it's above the 200 EMA.  And even when it's below the 200 EMA, I will always wait to sell a rally.

US Tech 100_20200902_16.44.png