Look at that big juicy divergence portending a big dookie to come Kathleen¬†ūü§ď

Wall Street_20200929_16.50.png

• Like 1

Look ma!  Look paw!  Nae hands!  :D

Wall Street_20200929_19.31.png

22 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Look ma!  Look paw!  Nae hands!  :D

Wall Street_20200929_19.31.png

congrats.

5 minutes ago, HMB said:

congrats.

It's on its way back down.  Simply unbearable to sit and watch.

Wall Street_20200929_20.00.png

2 minutes ago, dmedin said:

It's on its way back down.  Simply unbearable to sit and watch.

Wall Street_20200929_20.00.png

is this a strategy for trending markets?

I have a theory as to why nobody else here posts their trades.

Do you want to hear it?

Okay.  The vast majority of retail punters LOSE and they don't want to show off that fact by exposing their trades.

Now, as to WHY they keep on trading even although they keep losing, that I cannot answer.

Just now, HMB said:

is this a strategy for trending markets?

I'm trying a pure candlestick/pivot/MACD strategy, using the MACD to help confirm turns as indicated by candle patterns.  The pivots are mainly there to give me a bearings.

• Like 1

Just now, dmedin said:

I'm trying a pure candlestick/pivot/MACD strategy, using the MACD to help confirm turns as indicated by candle patterns.  The pivots are mainly there to give me a bearings.

..ok, on a higher level - you're trying to catch breakouts early..?

3 minutes ago, HMB said:

...sorry, think I misunderstood, you said "turns"  - so I guess for an oscillating market, right..?

2 minutes ago, HMB said:

More like momentum-following I think?

Trying to 'buy dips' and 'sell rallies' but indicators are useless for this purpose, as are moving averages, Fibonaccis and ... well, technical analysis in general :D 

Just now, HMB said:

...sorry, think I misunderstood, you said "turns"  - so I guess for an oscillating market, right..?

Yes?

I think so.

Maybe it needs a filter of some sort, such as not buying if it's trending down and not selling if it's trending up.  What is the 'trend' on a 15 minute time scale?

What is the 'trend' on a daily time scale at the moment?  neither up nor down ... 

Not moving the stop or any such like, as we are going for 1:1.5 risk-to-reward.  You don't move your stop to break even if you accept the potential loss at the beginning of a trade.  (If you are moving your stop to break even it means you weren't prepared to take that loss in the first place.)

Taking a fixed R:R is so counterintuitive, and keeps you out of big trending moves.  But even with a fixed R:R you still have to sit and watch your profits evaporate, in a slow excruciating torture.

Why do people trade?  It's about as much fun as getting your teeth removed.

162671209_WallStreet_20200929_20_21.thumb.png.a8fceaa6d1ca56096dd59442f1568f4c.png

Edited by dmedin

20 minutes ago, dmedin said:

got it, I think

8 minutes ago, HMB said:

got it, I think

To make matters worse, when you 'backtest' (using any method) you get results that are completely different from live trading.

I even think my brain is reacting differently to TradingView charts and IG Demo charts.  Because on TradingView I have a 50% success rate and on IG I have a 100% failure rate :D

Here we go, £100+ profit is about to turn into a loss:

1192034074_WallStreet_20200929_20_38.thumb.png.397336f871c889b8f8476f4a091a12fb.png 

24 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Yes?

I think so.

Maybe it needs a filter of some sort, such as not buying if it's trending down and not selling if it's trending up.  What is the 'trend' on a 15 minute time scale?

What is the 'trend' on a daily time scale at the moment?  neither up nor down ... 

ok, makes sense now

Just now, HMB said:

ok, makes sense now

I'd prefer to just trade off candlesticks and not have an 'indicator' at all :)

• Like 1

Daily pivot is much better, just not sure if it's valid because of the way how IG distorts all its indicators and moving averages by using a 'Sunday candle' that no other broker or market participant uses :(

Wall Street_20200929_20.41.png

1 minute ago, dmedin said:

1192034074_WallStreet_20200929_20_38.thumb.png.397336f871c889b8f8476f4a091a12fb.png 

hope not

Just now, dmedin said:

I'd prefer to just trade off candlesticks and not have an 'indicator' at all :)

I mean, I'd prefer not to be trading at all :D 

6 minutes ago, dmedin said:

I'm bullish for now till cash close...

• Great! 1

(guess NDX pain trade would be back above 11350...)

note the 195 at 15:50:00...:

195.png.992cb0b70e83202b55ec37c47087b50d.png

• Thought provoking 1

Totally fizzled out.

Oh well there's always tomorrow...

Wall Street_20200929_20.59.png

• Like 1

A big stonker at the eleventh hour Kathleen!¬†¬†ūü§ď

Wall Street_20200929_21.05.png

Bouncing off the pivot and the downward trending RSI line :(

Wall Street_20200929_21.52.png

Why am I 50% successful on TradingView and 100% unsuccessful on IG?

Inadvertent hindsight? :( 

Edited by dmedin

Well, Patricia?

Well, Geraldine?

Well, Humpty Dumpty?

Wall Street_20200930_15.04.png