Indices

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dax pausing at the weekly R1 and Dow within striking distance of it's all time high. H1 charts;

Interesting S&P daily shaping up 👇

As I've tried to point out often it looks like you were lured into thinking you could go into full time trading without a viable plan or tested strategy and learn on the fly. That may be because you w

Posted Images

Maybe more time for daytrading (US and Asia markets) in France?

"

Paris curfew ordered amid massive surge in coronavirus cases, Macron says

France recorded more than 22,000 cases on Wednesday – more than three-times peak of first wave in April"

"

The curfew will last from 9pm until 6am and will come into force at midnight on Saturday.

Anyone breaking the curfew will face a fine of €135 euros, which will rise for repeat offences. "

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/paris-curfew-coronavirus-france-latest-cases-macron-b1041285.html

Edited by Kodiak
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      14/01/21 09:51

Newest Member
    Adrian22
    Joined 15/04/21 13:11
    • yeah, the 3 markets will be correlated but they each still have their own market participants who will be pulling one way or another in the short term and then correcting overall from time to time. After the US shutdown there is only Auckland and Melbourne were big boys are still playing but they don't command the same level of volume or, therefore, the best prices. I wouldn't worry about your broker acting to get your stops, it's just every other b*****d out there, everyone knows where your stop orders are, they're in the same place as everyone else's 🙂. A big player usually only has to cover about 25 points in order to collect 75% of the stops around a major level.  
    • I hear you I guess my only comment would be the lack of consistency across the three pairs that by their nature should mean they are not altogether different in character (EU, GU and EG) - one would have thought (and of course I accept I could be wrong) that if GU and EU are behaving normally with perhaps a minimally wider spread then there is little reason for EG to be both very spiky and excessively wide spread the cynic in me will always ask the question.  Its not unlike having that very special ability to place a stop on what turns out to be the very bottom tick and yet it never seems to happen with quite the same degree of accuracy or regularity with one's limits  I jest of course but I bet I am not alone in pondering that one...    
    • the problem is the time, 22:00 is start of 'out of hours' (after US close) and the biggest providers UK, EU and US shut down there main desks, note the that the average spread calculation is from 00:00 to 21:00 and so avoids the 22:00 uncertainty (making it look better) What happens is actually slippage such as can be seen at high volatility during an unexpected news event. IG suddenly needs to cast wider to find prices to offer clients, there will be a wider gap between the best available buy and sell at that time and could last for some time after. I don't trade that market anymore but if you do you should get a feel for what's normal over time though there will still be occasional surprises, I do know that slippage of 12 points on news is not uncommon even on the majors.