Not done yet, but it's looking like we'll get stopped out by lunchtime¬†ūüßź

Germany 30_20201020_10.19.png

3 hours ago, dmedin said:

Maybe Tom can step in with one of his 15 minute charts and help us all make sense of it :P:D

I'm really curious to know what's stopping him from putting trades on like I'm doing.  BTW, I'm now using Demo to put my trades on and will be for the foreseeable future.  I don't have any hang-ups about being wrong or looking ridiculous.

I still think this will be stopped out.  It's a bit sh!t really.

39 minutes ago, dmedin said:

I'm really curious to know what's stopping him from putting trades on like I'm doing.  BTW, I'm now using Demo to put my trades on and will be for the foreseeable future.  I don't have any hang-ups about being wrong or looking ridiculous.

As you know I posted some trades in recent months as well (both real and demo), and I appreciate your doing so. 

However, I also understand everyone who doesn't, and am undecided about how to handle this in the future myself - mainly because I think once you make your trades public, you encounter additional issues that can distract you from the target:  making money for your own account.

Some of these issues are: you might suddenly feel responsible for people who may have acted on your post.  Then you might realize you haven't posted the full story, because you had (maybe subconsciously) a back-up plan for when the trade doesn't work, which you didn't share.  Also, the market environment may just change to a (not with any likelihood anticipated) point that it makes sense to close the trade early, or keeping it open but adding an additional position in your portfolio which hedges that trade partially.  The initial stop may suddenly seem too close to an important level that got established in the meantime and you move it just a bit.  etc.

In summary, unless your approach implies doing absolutely nothing with the trade until it reaches its a priori defined fixed exit level (or stop) and considering it always in isolation, you'd end up posting frequent updates of your full (dynamically changing) portfolio strategy and follow-up posting on existing trades.

in the extreme you become like those guys...:  

• Great! 1

Pretty much a guarantee that our trade will be stopped out at this stage.¬† How disappointing!¬† I wonder how people can make money consistently using this approach? ūü§Ē

Germany 30_20201020_14.49.png

The Nasdaq looks like a good shorting candidate with the MACD heading down.

516824911_USTech100_20201020_14_53.thumb.png.401f3f9ab606ab6496ced14a20f5dff6.png

Let's go long on Wall Street and see what happens :D

Wall Street_20201020_15.04.png

Edited by dmedin

11 minutes ago, dmedin said:

I wonder how people can make money consistently using this approach

That is totally beyond me.  Perhaps it's a bad idea to short the indices (especially the American ones); perhaps it's because of the upcoming election.  I think it's just because TA is a lot of b*llocks :)

I think FTSE 100 is a good candidate for shorting; it's oil and banks heavy....Covid has a direct and rather drastic impact on it. US indices are tec heavy so I won't short them until mortgages default start if any ( very unfortunate though if it happens).

• Like 1

Nasdaq is making a downward move just now.

US Tech 100_20201020_15.47.png

• Like 1

DAX and Nasdaq still have potential, shouldn't have rushed to go long on Wall Street :D

Wall Street_20201020_16.06.png

I'd given up on Dax but here it comes!

Germany 30_20201020_16.35.png

Wall Street holding up still ūü§Ē

Wall Street_20201020_16.47.png

There's Germany still bouncing about like a pair of lovely-jubblies :D

Germany 30_20201021_01.19.png

Give you jive on Eileen¬†ūü§™ūüí®

Let's double-up, adding to our position hun ūüėė

Wall Street_20201021_03.25.png

16 hours ago, HMB said:

As you know I posted some trades in recent months as well (both real and demo), and I appreciate your doing so. 

However, I also understand everyone who doesn't, and am undecided about how to handle this in the future myself - mainly because I think once you make your trades public, you encounter additional issues that can distract you from the target:  making money for your own account.

Some of these issues are: you might suddenly feel responsible for people who may have acted on your post.  Then you might realize you haven't posted the full story, because you had (maybe subconsciously) a back-up plan for when the trade doesn't work, which you didn't share.  Also, the market environment may just change to a (not with any likelihood anticipated) point that it makes sense to close the trade early, or keeping it open but adding an additional position in your portfolio which hedges that trade partially.  The initial stop may suddenly seem too close to an important level that got established in the meantime and you move it just a bit.  etc.

In summary, unless your approach implies doing absolutely nothing with the trade until it reaches its a priori defined fixed exit level (or stop) and considering it always in isolation, you'd end up posting frequent updates of your full (dynamically changing) portfolio strategy and follow-up posting on existing trades.

in the extreme you become like those guys...:  

The wee blonde lass doesn't say much :D

Those big dumb Yankee boys, boasting about the size of their stonkers¬†ūü§£

The Nikkei has exceeded 88.6% retracement, next stop 24151¬†ūü§ď

c3KlBZNA

Is the Nasdaq poised to squeeze out a big poo?¬† The MACD says so¬†ūü§Į

US Tech 100_20201021_06.37.png

Here is the Nasdaq hourly stripped of most of the indicators.  Looks better.

US Tech 100_20201021_07.43.png

Germany has finally broken out and sh4t its pants.

Germany 30_20201021_08.10.png