Indices

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JESS ........TWO BARKS FOR BUY     ONE BARK FOR SELL   ???

That is the 50% retrace for  the Dow and S&P. 

It's the opposite, I don't think I'm cut out for day trading.  I still would have been better off keeping a position open from Christmas, even now.  I zoomed out to the day chart and the overall pictu

Posted Images

So many lines , how does that produce any clarity . If you ever saw the bell curve distribution of retraces you might delete a few of those line . Just saying  

1 hour ago, Caseynotes said:

H1 chart levels;

image.thumb.png.d0b42857e2c6e28e01b22afebebd42c7.png

image.thumb.png.d7a54fb08212614b53e613b4f383f308.png

Just now, Ozquant said:

So many lines , how does that produce any clarity . If you ever saw the bell curve distribution of retraces you might delete a few of those line . Just saying  

The lines are only signalling potential breakout or reversal levels and also warn to avoid buying directly into resistance or sell directly into support, just saying

1 minute ago, Caseynotes said:

The lines are only signalling potential breakout or reversal levels and also warn to avoid buying directly into resistance or sell directly into support, just saying

You dont trade this do you ?  

1 minute ago, Ozquant said:

You dont trade this do you ?  

that's right, I just sit here all day every day for the last 6 years solely to post on the forum.

8 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

that's right, I just sit here all day every day for the last 6 years solely to post on the forum.

My last month  , you got one ,   Beta Analytics  .  the efficacy of these lines are the bottom line  . willing to share  ?   

ScreenShot220.jpg.a4a7c8fb4348a66f03779a86c3db8267.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ozquant said:

My last month  , you got one ,   Beta Analytics  .  the efficacy of these lines are the bottom line  . willing to share  ?   

oh look, price respecting support and resistance levels, who could have guessed it?

image.thumb.png.a25191bf7ce7455c01e25a50be0a5963.png

err, so what?

See the last months return rate  and win rate  .  Dynamic Volatility Mapping used in a systematic approach that produces very good metrics .  OK i am clearly out of my depth here  , good luck 😆

3 minutes ago, Ozquant said:

err, so what?

See the last months return rate  and win rate  .  Dynamic Volatility Mapping used in a systematic approach that produces very good metrics .  OK i am clearly out of my depth here  , good luck 😆

I've been here a long time so obviously don't need your luck, thanks all the same.

8 minutes ago, Ozquant said:

err, so what?

bye the way, there is nothing to stop you adding to this thread as you like or starting another. up to you, good luck.

On 03/03/2021 at 19:44, Ozquant said:

Your kidding me aren't you  ScreenShot221.thumb.jpg.1b598f6732740d2292cce1af1f3f88d7.jpg, good luck 

Welcome to the forum.

I have posted several times about the way I trade and you can ask questions. My stats are highly distorted through hedging and scaling and at present are not really changing.

1627707643_Screenshot-3_4_20217_44_55PM.thumb.jpg.595b2de15aa0338318ddb97560c66fd0.jpg

Without kidding you I was looking at a 1 minute chart of the Dax at the time Caseynotes posted that chart.

Perhaps you could post a link which explains some of the things on your chart or provide a short commentary.

3 hours ago, AndrewS said:

Perhaps you could post a link which explains some of the things on your chart or provide a short commentary.

What i do is not really a copy of anything thats out there . Over 20 years have developed my own style/way of trading . I am mostly a quantitative programming trader with a solid discretionary background .  Basically i have travelled the whole gammut of trading reading 100's books and watching as many videos which led me nowhere basically . Full of basically the same generic indicators that mean little to nothing tangible outside being a squiglly line leading to overbought/sold ( insert eye roll )   . Have maybe 600 books on file and the majority of them good for starting fires ( efires) and not much else  . As i am a trader i dont get much if any time to report during trading hours but as time becomes available i will post a few things about my style  .  Volatility is a leading indicator  .   rock on 

Edited by Ozquant
  • Like 2
On 03/03/2021 at 08:35, Ozquant said:

Those are really cute numbers. For someone that has been trading "over 20 years" is not much. Try to post something with more than a thousand trades. Anyone can make 50 trades out of luck. 

Attached are mine. 

Screenshot_20210305-030530~2.png

4 minutes ago, jlz said:

Those are really cute numbers. For someone that has been trading "over 20 years" is not much. Try to post something with more than a thousand trades. Anyone can make 50 trades out of luck. 

Attached are mine. 

bahaha   IG makes more money than u do from your trades , well at least as much 

Edited by Ozquant
1 hour ago, Ozquant said:

bahaha   IG makes more money than u do from your trades , well at least as much 

Return rate=win rate*(profit/loss ratio +1)

He is making about twice as much on his winning trades than he is losing from the losing trades.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jlz said:

Attached are mine. 

Does this mean you win small and lose big? Notwithstanding your rate of return is above parity? Pardon me, I really dont know how to read this data.

I guess mine is worst (lose big, rate of return negative.) 

3 minutes ago, BoJK said:

Does this mean you win small and lose big? Notwithstanding your rate of return is above parity? Pardon me, I really dont know how to read this data.

For example, he has 19 trades of winning 1$ and then loses $9.50, netting $9.50.

Trade analytics is accessed through MyIG at the top left of the platform.

40 minutes ago, BoJK said:

You are right. That's exactly what is happening. 

18 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

NDX

Should turn here and now or its probably 11K next?

Somehow i think its to early for the big one?

Yeah its close to an eachway bet today . most of last 12m 3 day 8% decline has been a screaming buy , the big  differenece this time is rising US10Y   .  NFP might be a catalyst to save the day or sink the ship  . Be a pivotal interesting night without doubt