Indices

10 minutes ago, FFS_Daytrader said:

What dashboard are you using as it looks good so far.

Can you explain the setup if possible; thanks.

Sure, it's does look good doesn't it, new site found just recently but it looks like some prices are delayed unless you sign up for a pay for package. Might go back to the IG platform and see if I can build something similar 🙂.

The setup is as per this page;

https://www.teletrader.com/markets/overview

Edited by Caseynotes
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Sure, it's does look good doesn't it, new site found just recently but it looks like some prices are delayed unless you sign up for a pay for package. Might go back to the IG platform and see if I can build something similar 🙂.

The setup is as per this page;

https://www.teletrader.com/markets/overview

I will try this and also look at getting IG setup better. If you get a good IG setup, [please share; thanks

8 hours ago, dmedin said:

It was indeed 'strange'.  Trading sideways.  Lots of opportunity to lose money. ;)

Yes, something of a trial last week with a weekly chart doji all round though volume remained high but a big week coming up with rate decisions and mon pol statements for Japan, US and GB (see Econ Calendar thread).

image.thumb.png.a7bebd0e83d7214cda4034a9e2af796c.png

Guest mykig

Hi casy I believe we should restrain our selves for now from DAX or FTSE as its in a bit of danger zone from here anything can happen hence better to wait until they go out of consolidation phase am i right?

11 minutes ago, mykig said:

Hi casy I believe we should restrain our selves for now from DAX or FTSE as its in a bit of danger zone from here anything can happen hence better to wait until they go out of consolidation phase am i right?

@mykig, you are right that things are a bit congested at the mo but even within zones of consolidation price will continue to test boundaries so I'll be looking at the intraday pivots. Dax is sitting the the pivot point trying to decide whether to test R1 or S1 while Ftse looks to be heading down to retest the pivot point, will wait for the London open for a clearer indication of the aim of the morning session and once direction is clear look for a pullback on the smaller time frame to join, but because of the consolidation the targets are not big.

image.thumb.png.579793e56738dc14cb506f12eccb8286.png 

Dow continues to lurk just below resistance at 26250 in a bull flag just waiting for a reason to break. Dax looks like retesting support at 12047, Ger and EU econ sentiment data coming in at 10am.

Nikkei is testing support at 20919 while Ftse is sitting mid range at 7362.

image.thumb.png.20074cbddb65855ae695df8215e4a742.png

Big break upward yesterday on news ECB worried about low inflation, slowing econ and talking up rate cuts and then news of extended meeting confirmed at the G20 between US and China.

FOMC data today at 7pm with presser to follow at 7:30pm.

Dow, Dax and Ftse all eyeing up big targets dead ahead.

Daily charts;

image.thumb.png.3fbcee19addb7948e19190daa4b64421.png

A look at the monthly charts and what a great month so far for Dow working it's way back up to be toeing the line of the all time high just in time for the G20 starting Friday. Any news concerning China US trade likely to be out during next weekend so things may be a bit cautious til then.

image.thumb.png.3c45b5f1bb2c2bad0be756ed00f72134.png

Guest making

Dax was down due to few companies expected growth figures were reduced don't you think casey it might push upwards today if not much

Guest mykig

yes exactly it was down cose of few companies specially mercedes growth down from expected but lets hope for good today as its new day and new dawn lol

All the indices pulling back yesterday, should find support fairly close while waiting for the G20 meet and US/China talks starting on Friday.

US Durable goods data today, have remained poor all year so far, expected at 0.1%, the real tester on the current state of the economy will be US GDP data tomorrow.

image.thumb.png.bb5f9b8b47a5de024cf45d7de83cf85b.png

Indices getting an early bounce off the back of Asian markets and lots of puff PR 'good will' pieces ahead of the start of the G20. Dax straining to go higher but tempered by Dow while Ftse just doesn't know which way to go at the moment with Brexit uncertainty, just look at all those double ended long tails.

image.thumb.png.c9efeaa6e19c5f4e0322783bb97ffce6.png

I'm not totally stupid :P as I can clearly see the opportunities even when overall the index is going sideways, it's always just easier to spot after it's already happened.  Here the Nasdaq had a triple crossover (current price < 5 MA < 20 MA < 50MA) and it was confirmed with volume (crucial), and the RSA even gave a timely signal to cover short.  Happy days!  Unfortunately I didn't trade it :D

nasdaq.thumb.jpg.43d076e86392eefcbe88fb5e422f1ce9.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like there has been some real progress on the US/China front at the end of the G20 after all,

Xi; Victims of intellectual property theft will be compensated, Xi Jinping tells world leaders

Chinese leader also says a channel will be set up for foreign firms to make complaints and Beijing will take ‘major steps’ to further liberalise economy.

Trump; Trump says that for now, no further tariffs on China will be added (averting extra $300b in levies) as they restart trade talks.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy/article/3016578/victims-intellectual-property-theft-will-be-compensated-xi

• Great! 1