10 minutes ago, FFS_Daytrader said:

What dashboard are you using as it looks good so far.

Can you explain the setup if possible; thanks.

Sure, it's does look good doesn't it, new site found just recently but it looks like some prices are delayed unless you sign up for a pay for package. Might go back to the IG platform and see if I can build something similar 🙂.

The setup is as per this page;

https://www.teletrader.com/markets/overview

Edited by Caseynotes
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Sure, it's does look good doesn't it, new site found just recently but it looks like some prices are delayed unless you sign up for a pay for package. Might go back to the IG platform and see if I can build something similar 🙂.

The setup is as per this page;

https://www.teletrader.com/markets/overview

I will try this and also look at getting IG setup better. If you get a good IG setup, [please share; thanks

17 hours ago, FFS_Daytrader said:

I will try this and also look at getting IG setup better. If you get a good IG setup, [please share; thanks

@FFS_Daytrader, re; dashboard, the only thing I can't get on is a brief econ calendar news events of the day, what do you think?

image.thumb.png.4c835f96f73cdbbe5a6c1940d8987438.png

18 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

@FFS_Daytrader, re; dashboard, the only thing I can't get on is a brief econ calendar news events of the day, what do you think?

or perhaps this with a couple of 'charts of the day'.

image.thumb.png.d4f51c280c744833f409ea2bb98faf68.png

It was indeed 'strange'.  Trading sideways.  Lots of opportunity to lose money. ;)

8 hours ago, dmedin said:

It was indeed 'strange'.  Trading sideways.  Lots of opportunity to lose money. ;)

Yes, something of a trial last week with a weekly chart doji all round though volume remained high but a big week coming up with rate decisions and mon pol statements for Japan, US and GB (see Econ Calendar thread).

image.thumb.png.a7bebd0e83d7214cda4034a9e2af796c.png

• Like 1

Hi casy I believe we should restrain our selves for now from DAX or FTSE as its in a bit of danger zone from here anything can happen hence better to wait until they go out of consolidation phase am i right?

11 minutes ago, mykig said:

Hi casy I believe we should restrain our selves for now from DAX or FTSE as its in a bit of danger zone from here anything can happen hence better to wait until they go out of consolidation phase am i right?

@mykig, you are right that things are a bit congested at the mo but even within zones of consolidation price will continue to test boundaries so I'll be looking at the intraday pivots. Dax is sitting the the pivot point trying to decide whether to test R1 or S1 while Ftse looks to be heading down to retest the pivot point, will wait for the London open for a clearer indication of the aim of the morning session and once direction is clear look for a pullback on the smaller time frame to join, but because of the consolidation the targets are not big.

image.thumb.png.579793e56738dc14cb506f12eccb8286.png 

• Like 1

Dow continues to lurk just below resistance at 26250 in a bull flag just waiting for a reason to break. Dax looks like retesting support at 12047, Ger and EU econ sentiment data coming in at 10am.

Nikkei is testing support at 20919 while Ftse is sitting mid range at 7362.

image.thumb.png.20074cbddb65855ae695df8215e4a742.png

Big break upward yesterday on news ECB worried about low inflation, slowing econ and talking up rate cuts and then news of extended meeting confirmed at the G20 between US and China.

FOMC data today at 7pm with presser to follow at 7:30pm.

Dow, Dax and Ftse all eyeing up big targets dead ahead.

Daily charts;

image.thumb.png.3fbcee19addb7948e19190daa4b64421.png

Markets already pulling away now that FOMC is out of the way. Dow reaching for resistance at 26708 while Dax has 12463 just ahead. Ftse is a bit out of shape with Boris looking the likely winner in the tory contest.

Daily charts;

image.thumb.png.aad6e395ffda682b523b9140343055ad.png

• Like 1

Trump pulls back from starting air strikes on Iran after Congress gave the go ahead. Revealed that US and China negotiators are unprepared and scrambling to come up with something to agree on for next weeks G20 meeting.

Dow pulls back under 26708.

image.thumb.png.2e57f95eb85b5a81834a403361ac5f6b.png

"IT'S TOO MUCH, TOO FAST!" $SPX is up +25.9% within the past 125 trading sessions so I put together a chart showing every time that happened since electronic trading began in 1983. It's not bearish unless you squint and lie to yourself.

image.thumb.png.bd7babc88740f7dbea2dc816c4e6f6f3.png

A look at the monthly charts and what a great month so far for Dow working it's way back up to be toeing the line of the all time high just in time for the G20 starting Friday. Any news concerning China US trade likely to be out during next weekend so things may be a bit cautious til then.

image.thumb.png.3c45b5f1bb2c2bad0be756ed00f72134.png

US indices just hangin around below the highs, Average True Range 5 period just bouncing along the floor. Thinking just waiting for the G20 to produce nothing, so then increased tariffs and then a move back down to find support.

image.thumb.png.64885f691ce3493ae0664e1fa72e533d.png

Guest making

Dax was down due to few companies expected growth figures were reduced don't you think casey it might push upwards today if not much

hi casey don't you think dax might move up today 

21 minutes ago, mykig said:

hi casey don't you think dax might move up today 

I flippin well hope so, any direction will do, I fell asleep yesterday afternoon;

image.thumb.png.c2aca8bd2e0f05f6d1d609356361e4d7.png

• Like 1

yes exactly it was down cose of few companies specially mercedes growth down from expected but lets hope for good today as its new day and new dawn lol

• Like 1

All the indices pulling back yesterday, should find support fairly close while waiting for the G20 meet and US/China talks starting on Friday.

US Durable goods data today, have remained poor all year so far, expected at 0.1%, the real tester on the current state of the economy will be US GDP data tomorrow.

image.thumb.png.bb5f9b8b47a5de024cf45d7de83cf85b.png

Indices getting an early bounce off the back of Asian markets and lots of puff PR 'good will' pieces ahead of the start of the G20. Dax straining to go higher but tempered by Dow while Ftse just doesn't know which way to go at the moment with Brexit uncertainty, just look at all those double ended long tails.

image.thumb.png.c9efeaa6e19c5f4e0322783bb97ffce6.png

H4 charts and Dow middle of recent range, all currently balanced waiting for news from the G20. Got some interesting diamond and triangle patterns going on.

Suspect neither side will back down and so the announcement of tariff increases early next week.

image.thumb.png.4c217f0ee6d3e83660a5af3269b0ab87.png

I'm not totally stupid :P as I can clearly see the opportunities even when overall the index is going sideways, it's always just easier to spot after it's already happened.  Here the Nasdaq had a triple crossover (current price < 5 MA < 20 MA < 50MA) and it was confirmed with volume (crucial), and the RSA even gave a timely signal to cover short.  Happy days!  Unfortunately I didn't trade it :D

nasdaq.thumb.jpg.43d076e86392eefcbe88fb5e422f1ce9.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like there has been some real progress on the US/China front at the end of the G20 after all,

Xi; Victims of intellectual property theft will be compensated, Xi Jinping tells world leaders

Chinese leader also says a channel will be set up for foreign firms to make complaints and Beijing will take ‘major steps’ to further liberalise economy.

Trump; Trump says that for now, no further tariffs on China will be added (averting extra $300b in levies) as they restart trade talks.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy/article/3016578/victims-intellectual-property-theft-will-be-compensated-xi

• Great! 1

Weekend Wall Street up 151 points. The coming weeks high vol events from the econ calendar.

image.thumb.png.49227d1fe60f7a23919e6206fed1d64f.png

Dow closing on on it's ATH 26951. Dax finally breaks 12463 and retests, Ftse looking to attack the monthly chart resistance level 7527 and Nikkei breaks up past 21616.

image.thumb.png.c3f50e09de6741eb9870f2273b11c0ac.png

S&P sets a new all time high, Dow struggling a bit and getting left behind today.

image.thumb.png.e683ead3d841efdb0d9cbb745f326193.png

@Caseynotes

Any idea why the Dow failed to tag the ATH today? unless we get a late rally today I'm thinking this looks pretty bad, any ideas? 👿