Indices

13 minutes ago, AndrewS said:

Both started the day at S1

hey that's right, I reset the dax pivots without changing any of the inputs and the PP snapped back down to 13130 ish. 

mt4 indicators do do that sometimes, kind of get stuck. thanks for pointing it out 👍

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dax pausing at the weekly R1 and Dow within striking distance of it's all time high. H1 charts;

Interesting S&P daily shaping up 👇

As I've tried to point out often it looks like you were lured into thinking you could go into full time trading without a viable plan or tested strategy and learn on the fly. That may be because you w

Posted Images

I m guessing you Bulls are thinking Sp 500 heading in the next leg up to 3300 or so ???  

Think we have had a 4 th wave correction to 3180 ....Last leg of this up move to around 3285/86 on a fib projection .....which might tie in with Trump signing Phase 1....then market sells off as everybody gets disappointed ...haha then the Bears come to town hahaha 

2 minutes ago, cheviot said:

I m guessing you Bulls are thinking Sp 500 heading in the next leg up to 3300 or so ???  

Think we have had a 4 th wave correction to 3180 ....Last leg of this up move to around 3285/86 on a fib projection .....which might tie in with Trump signing Phase 1....then market sells off as everybody gets disappointed ...haha then the Bears come to town hahaha 

that's true and is bound to happen eventually but I'm confident the chart will tell me when it does, until then keep buying the dips 😉

• Like 1
  • Great! 1

I'm close to tapping out altogether; TA sounds great in theory but it just doesn't work reliably.  I've lost a lot of money but worst of all, I've dedicated a lot of time to this and it just seems like a pipe dream.  Especially when pumping money into an ETF and tracking the S&P 500 produces much better results with no effort :(

Edited by dmedin
8 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Woo!  Finally getting some action.  I need to hit the jackpot a few times to recoup my losses though :P:D

spoken like a true gambler 😍🏇🎲🎲 makes you proud to be a punter 🧐

• Great! 1

Zut alors Samwise Gamgee, the indices are rocketing up, up and away!  Mind, best not to hold positions open overnight in case HUGE losses creep in unawares (before zooming straight back up again :P )

Edited by dmedin
2 hours ago, dmedin said:

I'm close to tapping out altogether; TA sounds great in theory but it just doesn't work reliably.  I've lost a lot of money but worst of all, I've dedicated a lot of time to this and it just seems like a pipe dream.  Especially when pumping money into an ETF and tracking the S&P 500 produces much better results with no effort :(

Sorry whats TA  ?     Its good you have a balnced portfolio...one you do nothing for ...i.e. the ETF , and you tracking/trading the markets....Trading is nt for everyone....I started trading in 1986 straight out of uni onto an interbank FX desk.....Noisey !!!!  (in the days when you had constant squawk boxes )...smoked 40 a day....and turned over around £1 Bn /day   ...Good luck 😂

• Great! 1

oh dear, so you've taken to drawing arrows in every which direction and rubbing your brass bits for luck? what happened to the system building you were going to get down to after wasting a year reading up on Technical Analysis when you should have been learning to read chart structure and price action?  🤨🧐

• Great! 1

Dow and S&P at all time highs, Dax at key resistance and Ftse looking towards key resistance.

S&P the star of the show; 

"S&P 500 futures hit a 10-day low and a 52-week high in the same session today. The last time that happened was...never. Way to do your thing, dip-buyers."  SentimenTrader  @sentimentrader

China confirms phase I deal signing in Washington on Jam 13 - 15.

image.thumb.png.9fbfb734c087cf938157230d52f3a1ee.png

image.thumb.png.d858282325a51a30b44c16d10e45a1c6.png

image.thumb.png.2c4860821c8ed7d6bcf2fd9b18df4e5e.png

• Great! 1
23 minutes ago, dmedin said:

All right then back to pivots :D

Otherwise known as 5 th wave of wave 5  into fib resistance at 3280-90....Bears are getting hungry .....Prowling around waiting to feed on the bulls carcass haha

• Like 1
  • Great! 1
3 minutes ago, cheviot said:

Otherwise known as 5 th wave of wave 5  into fib resistance at 3280-90....Bears are getting hungry .....Prowling around waiting to feed on the bulls carcass haha

Zut alors! 😱:D

4 minutes ago, cheviot said:

All eyes on the S&P;

image.png.82d314e8cc3d43b79100e2de9dcbefba.png

• Like 1
  • Great! 2

I d say Sp 500 is creating a B top.....   Why because the drop to 3180 has 3 legs within it, so this rise is actually only a correction to the down wave at 3180....like a whiplash effect ......It ll all come out in the wash....  I do nt think the Dax is the same.....Thats in true impulse.......Heading for 14000 I think 1868327963_US500_20200109_11_04.png.3a4c5c3f6fdf08b3513ebc36c6509745.png

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, cheviot said:

B#####  Cable getting up my nose this morning 😠

Lots of CBer speak today, can always send the market into a spin;

Trading Floor Audio @TradeFloorAudio

25m

BoE Carney says BoE could cut interest rates if weakness persists ... RTRS BoE Governor Carney dropped a clear hint on Thursday that the BoE could cut interest rates if it looks like weakness in the economy will persist.

1 hour ago, dmedin said:

Wouldn't touch GBP/USD with a barge pole any more.  Starting to think that way about all FX pairs.

Mmm  There are certain currencies i would nt touch with a barge pole....Swissie, Can D  and any of the exotics....Cable and i are old friends....but can be **** bag to trade...Oz is OK , if you have a firm view of the commodity/oil market ...but its not in my time zone....Euro ...so boring ...Euro yen ok,  go with the stochastics...I trade wheat/corn/beans , oil , fx and Index...What about you ? 

• Like 1