Indices

31 minutes ago, cheviot said:

Mmm  There are certain currencies i would nt touch with a barge pole....Swissie, Can D  and any of the exotics....Cable and i are old friends....but can be **** bag to trade...Oz is OK , if you have a firm view of the commodity/oil market ...but its not in my time zone....Euro ...so boring ...Euro yen ok,  go with the stochastics...I trade wheat/corn/beans , oil , fx and Index...What about you ? 

I'm open to trading all things except cyrpto.   FX seems to have rules of its own though that I haven't fully worked out.

9 hours ago, dmedin said:

I'm open to trading all things except cyrpto.   FX seems to have rules of its own though that I haven't fully worked out.

Amen!

Holding about 7 types of crypto but feel pointless in trading it. 

Got trades pointing downwards currently on FTSE and hoping for some middle east doom & gloom to cash in on🤣

• Like 2

Dow and S&P blast off up into clear space, Dax clears recent resistance, Ftse needs to break daily chart resistance to move on to the weekly resistance.

US NFP today, the Wednesday ADP nfp was a good beat so maybe the same today.

h/t to FXStreet for the ADP/NFP payrolls comparison chart.

image.thumb.png.fff08f0a3ad8ac4e364d82c4cdd151a1.png

image.thumb.png.381107e423a226ac496ff1e2278d242a.png

image.thumb.png.030b25a89d0808b9c389ea315dd929bd.png

image.thumb.png.0570df0284cbeae7034d190cfb05c188.png

• Great! 1

Dow Fib projection 29084, and coincides with 1.618 extension.....makes it a B top ......Careful out there my bullish friends,.....B tops are traps .....

Characterised by low volume and poor market internals.....Sounds familiar ???  Look at the market commentaries....Nobody s very sure why the market is here.....Talk of Trump trade deal.....Yeah fine.....In the price...End of war with Iran.....????/   Low interest rates ???  Look at the bond market ....10 yr Us much more likely to look at 2 % than 1.7%......

Edited by cheviot
  • Thought provoking 1
8 minutes ago, cheviot said:

What are you watching today other than Index s   ?  

Looking for EUR movement (dollar getting stronger?) and seeing if crude oil will pick up again.  Looking out for a chance to get back in on gold or silver as well.  Nothing seems to be moving though lol except EUR/USD.

27 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Looking for EUR movement (dollar getting stronger?) and seeing if crude oil will pick up again.  Looking out for a chance to get back in on gold or silver as well.  Nothing seems to be moving though lol except EUR/USD.

I traded out of my cable posi at 6 am...went short and made a few points back...when London came in pre numbers.  Looking at Yen ....Stong resistance at 109.60  If she breaks ....Which I think it will ...Might get a run to 110.60 Which is 0.618 % of the down move from Y122....    Looking at buying Wheat too...but not easy to job in and out of that....(Chicago) 

Limit short Apple...😬    Almost limit short Us 500 😰  Got a brand new pair of undies on  lol

Edited by cheviot
  • Like 1
  • Great! 1
26 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Forget it ... closed out everything.  Going nowhere.

Indices hardly moving after NFP came in well below estimates.

yes, amazing. the market has failed to crash and burn on a massive 15k miss on the 160k target. must be down to overall bullish strength then.

• Great! 1
Just now, dmedin said:

I'm not looking for a crash, I'm looking for some movement (either way)! :D

yes but a slightly negative report on a bullish market isn't going to cause fireworks, will be interesting though to see how things go into the end of week close, will there be profit taking or adding in? 

• Like 1
  • Great! 1
1 minute ago, Caseynotes said:

yes but a slightly negative report on a bullish market isn't going to cause fireworks, will be interesting though to see how things go into the end of week close, will there be profit taking or adding in? 

I d say , we ve had a p/back to support on Sp at 3273, leg higher to highs then Woshh   down we go ......Apple holding market up at $310 , once its finished , sayanara !! 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, cheviot said:

I d say , we ve had a p/back to support on Sp at 3273, leg higher to highs then Woshh   down we go ......Apple holding market up at $310 , once its finished , sayanara !! 

could be, you mean a leg higher on the US open then a drop down into the US close?

1 minute ago, Caseynotes said:

could be, you mean a leg higher on the US open then a drop down into the US close?

Yes....Leg higher is building just now...helped by bond market going bid......I d say a push to the o/night highs then lower......Still aiming at Dow 29084 ....But that will be wave 5 and top of Fib extension.....

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• image.png

• ASX: WESTPAC BANKING CORPORATION – WBC Elliott Elliott Wave Technical Analysis TradingLounge (1D Chart) Greetings, Our Elliott Wave analysis today updates the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) with WESTPAC BANKING CORPORATION - WBC. Our recently updated forecast for NST in the Top 50 ASX Stocks service is still active. We identify a long-term trading opportunity with WBC, and are watching closely to provide the best Entry points. ASX: WESTPAC BANKING CORPORATION – WBC Elliott Wave Technical Analysis   ASX: WESTPAC BANKING CORPORATION – WBC 1D Chart (Semilog Scale) Analysis Function: Major trend (Minute degree, green) Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave ((v))-green Details: The short-term outlook suggests that the ((iv))-green wave has concluded, and the ((v))-green wave is unfolding to push prices even higher. A price increase above the 26.5 - 27.2 range would be an initial step to enhance the likelihood of this perspective. Invalidation point: 22.33       ASX: WESTPAC BANKING CORPORATION – WBC Elliott Wave Technical Analysis TradingLounge (4-Hour Chart) ASX: WESTPAC BANKING CORPORATION – WBC Elliott Wave Technical Analysis ASX: WESTPAC BANKING CORPORATION – WBC 4-Hour Chart Analysis Function: Major trend (Minute degree, green) Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave ((v))-green Details: The shorter-term outlook suggests that the ((iii))-green wave has recently peaked, and the ((iv))-green wave has unfolded in the form of a Flat correction, with the ((iv))-wave likely completed. The ((v))-green wave is now unfolding to push prices higher. Breaking above the 26.5 level would be an initial step to strongly reinforce this perspective. We are closely monitoring WBC, and there will soon be a long-term trading opportunity with it. Invalidation point: 22.33         Conclusion:   Our analysis, forecast of contextual trends, and short-term outlook for ASX: WESTPAC BANKING CORPORATION – WBC aim to provide readers with insights into the current market trends and how to capitalize on them effectively. We offer specific price points that act as validation or invalidation signals for our wave count, enhancing the confidence in our perspective. By combining these factors, we strive to offer readers the most objective and professional perspective on market trends. Technical Analyst: Hua (Shane) Cuong, CEWA-M (Master’s Designation). Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!    
    • Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD) THETAUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Follow trend Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave ((5)) Direction Next higher Degrees: wave I of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: Details: Wave ((4) may is complete and the Price entry to uptrend again Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD)Trading Strategy: The correction in wave ((4)) appears to be over. And the price is increasing again in waves ((5)), so the overall picture is looking for an opportunity to open a long position. with a target price at the level 5.185 - 6.263 Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an Uptrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bullish Momentum. Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge H4 Chart Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD) THETAUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Follow trend Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave ((5)) Direction Next higher Degrees: wave I of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: Details: Wave ((4) may is complete and the Price entry to uptrend again Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD)Trading Strategy: The correction in wave ((4)) appears to be over. And the price is increasing again in waves ((5)), so the overall picture is looking for an opportunity to open a long position. with a target price at the level 5.185 - 6.263 Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an uptrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bullish Momentum. Technical Analyst : Kittiampon Somboonsod Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!      
    • Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD) THETAUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Follow trend Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave ((5)) Direction Next higher Degrees: wave I of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: Details: Wave ((4) may is complete and the Price entry to uptrend again Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD)Trading Strategy: The correction in wave ((4)) appears to be over. And the price is increasing again in waves ((5)), so the overall picture is looking for an opportunity to open a long position. with a target price at the level 5.185 - 6.263 Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an Uptrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bullish Momentum. Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge H4 Chart Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD) THETAUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Follow trend Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave ((5)) Direction Next higher Degrees: wave I of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: Details: Wave ((4) may is complete and the Price entry to uptrend again Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD)Trading Strategy: The correction in wave ((4)) appears to be over. And the price is increasing again in waves ((5)), so the overall picture is looking for an opportunity to open a long position. with a target price at the level 5.185 - 6.263 Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an uptrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bullish Momentum. Technical Analyst : Kittiampon Somboonsod Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!    
us