31 minutes ago, cheviot said:

Mmm  There are certain currencies i would nt touch with a barge pole....Swissie, Can D  and any of the exotics....Cable and i are old friends....but can be **** bag to trade...Oz is OK , if you have a firm view of the commodity/oil market ...but its not in my time zone....Euro ...so boring ...Euro yen ok,  go with the stochastics...I trade wheat/corn/beans , oil , fx and Index...What about you ? 

I'm open to trading all things except cyrpto.   FX seems to have rules of its own though that I haven't fully worked out.

He's clearly appealing to a select few of the American electorate, most of them have less than $400 in savings :(

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dmedin said:

I'm open to trading all things except cyrpto.   FX seems to have rules of its own though that I haven't fully worked out.

Amen!

Holding about 7 types of crypto but feel pointless in trading it. 

Got trades pointing downwards currently on FTSE and hoping for some middle east doom & gloom to cash in on🤣

• Like 2

Dow and S&P blast off up into clear space, Dax clears recent resistance, Ftse needs to break daily chart resistance to move on to the weekly resistance.

US NFP today, the Wednesday ADP nfp was a good beat so maybe the same today.

h/t to FXStreet for the ADP/NFP payrolls comparison chart.

image.thumb.png.fff08f0a3ad8ac4e364d82c4cdd151a1.png

image.thumb.png.381107e423a226ac496ff1e2278d242a.png

image.thumb.png.030b25a89d0808b9c389ea315dd929bd.png

image.thumb.png.0570df0284cbeae7034d190cfb05c188.png

• Great! 1

Dax and Dow starting the London session looking for support;

M15 charts;

image.png.1ce23acc27c393305afd41beda383b8a.png

Dow Fib projection 29084, and coincides with 1.618 extension.....makes it a B top ......Careful out there my bullish friends,.....B tops are traps .....

Characterised by low volume and poor market internals.....Sounds familiar ???  Look at the market commentaries....Nobody s very sure why the market is here.....Talk of Trump trade deal.....Yeah fine.....In the price...End of war with Iran.....????/   Low interest rates ???  Look at the bond market ....10 yr Us much more likely to look at 2 % than 1.7%......

Edited by cheviot
  • Thought provoking 1

1 minute ago, dmedin said:

No movement this morning ... slow day :(

What are you watching today other than Index s   ?  

Lineal regression line based on the current rally projected for the year ahead, don't strain your neck.

image.thumb.png.ee8bfef09c6e6c129e49c844f40621af.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Lineal regression line based on the current rally projected for the year ahead, don't strain your neck.

Love it....!  What can I say.....I  ll get bullish around Sp 4000 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dmedin said:

No movement this morning ... slow day :(

sometime you see some early movement on a nfp day but always quietens down as the hour approaches.

• Great! 1

1 minute ago, cheviot said:

Love it....!  What can I say.....I  ll get bullish around Sp 4000 

nothing like wild optimism to get the blood pumping lol. 

8 minutes ago, cheviot said:

What are you watching today other than Index s   ?  

Looking for EUR movement (dollar getting stronger?) and seeing if crude oil will pick up again.  Looking out for a chance to get back in on gold or silver as well.  Nothing seems to be moving though lol except EUR/USD.

16 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Not too shabby, about at 32% return over the year...Donald will be happy.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Looking for EUR movement (dollar getting stronger?) and seeing if crude oil will pick up again.  Looking out for a chance to get back in on gold or silver as well.  Nothing seems to be moving though lol except EUR/USD.

I traded out of my cable posi at 6 am...went short and made a few points back...when London came in pre numbers.  Looking at Yen ....Stong resistance at 109.60  If she breaks ....Which I think it will ...Might get a run to 110.60 Which is 0.618 % of the down move from Y122....    Looking at buying Wheat too...but not easy to job in and out of that....(Chicago) 

Limit short Apple...😬    Almost limit short Us 500 😰  Got a brand new pair of undies on  lol

Edited by cheviot
  • Like 1
  • Great! 1

The Nasdaq tech 100 is a stormin' Norman 🥳

1401806465_USTech100_20200110_11_33.thumb.png.778738e9ac4d588c9283a415826522e8.png

28 minutes ago, cheviot said:

Looking at Yen ....Stong resistance at 109.60  If she breaks ....Which I think it will ...Might get a run to 110.60 Which is 0.618 % of the down move from Y122..

Yes, USD/JPY is charging ahead 🥳🐮

Forget it ... closed out everything.  Going nowhere.

Indices hardly moving after NFP came in well below estimates.

26 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Forget it ... closed out everything.  Going nowhere.

Indices hardly moving after NFP came in well below estimates.

yes, amazing. the market has failed to crash and burn on a massive 15k miss on the 160k target. must be down to overall bullish strength then.

• Great! 1

1 minute ago, Caseynotes said:

yes, amazing. the market has failed to crash and burn on a massive 15k miss on the 160k target. must be down to overall bullish strength then.

I'm not looking for a crash, I'm looking for some movement (either way)! :D

Just now, dmedin said:

I'm not looking for a crash, I'm looking for some movement (either way)! :D

yes but a slightly negative report on a bullish market isn't going to cause fireworks, will be interesting though to see how things go into the end of week close, will there be profit taking or adding in? 

• Like 1
  • Great! 1

yes but a slightly negative report on a bullish market isn't going to cause fireworks, will be interesting though to see how things go into the end of week close, will there be profit taking or adding in? 

I d say , we ve had a p/back to support on Sp at 3273, leg higher to highs then Woshh   down we go ......Apple holding market up at $310 , once its finished , sayanara !! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cheviot said:

I d say , we ve had a p/back to support on Sp at 3273, leg higher to highs then Woshh   down we go ......Apple holding market up at $310 , once its finished , sayanara !! 

could be, you mean a leg higher on the US open then a drop down into the US close?

could be, you mean a leg higher on the US open then a drop down into the US close?

Yes....Leg higher is building just now...helped by bond market going bid......I d say a push to the o/night highs then lower......Still aiming at Dow 29084 ....But that will be wave 5 and top of Fib extension.....

• Like 1

I do buy indx sometimes.....I bought FTSE 100 at 7629 at 7 this morning as hedge against my SP short , then i dumped it at 7630 for a point profit.....You bulls would have been proud of me...

• Great! 1

Made a bouncy-bouncy off resistance-****-support 😻

666926870_WallStreet_20200110_15_06.thumb.png.fdaa0986a41879767e107152d2a6aa7c.png

Edited by dmedin
  • Like 2