23 minutes ago, dmedin said:

All right then back to pivots :D

Otherwise known as 5 th wave of wave 5  into fib resistance at 3280-90....Bears are getting hungry .....Prowling around waiting to feed on the bulls carcass haha

• Like 1
  • Great! 1

3 minutes ago, cheviot said:

Otherwise known as 5 th wave of wave 5  into fib resistance at 3280-90....Bears are getting hungry .....Prowling around waiting to feed on the bulls carcass haha

Zut alors! 😱:D

4 minutes ago, cheviot said:

All eyes on the S&P;

image.png.82d314e8cc3d43b79100e2de9dcbefba.png

• Like 1
  • Great! 2

I d say Sp 500 is creating a B top.....   Why because the drop to 3180 has 3 legs within it, so this rise is actually only a correction to the down wave at 3180....like a whiplash effect ......It ll all come out in the wash....  I do nt think the Dax is the same.....Thats in true impulse.......Heading for 14000 I think 1868327963_US500_20200109_11_04.png.3a4c5c3f6fdf08b3513ebc36c6509745.png

• Like 1

B#####  Cable getting up my nose this morning 😠

18 minutes ago, cheviot said:

B#####  Cable getting up my nose this morning 😠

Lots of CBer speak today, can always send the market into a spin;

Trading Floor Audio @TradeFloorAudio

25m

BoE Carney says BoE could cut interest rates if weakness persists ... RTRS BoE Governor Carney dropped a clear hint on Thursday that the BoE could cut interest rates if it looks like weakness in the economy will persist.

Wouldn't touch GBP/USD with a barge pole any more.  Starting to think that way about all FX pairs.

27 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Wouldn't touch GBP/USD with a barge pole any more.  Starting to think that way about all FX pairs.

Ah but I was doing it all wrong, that's why :D

1 hour ago, dmedin said:

Mmm  There are certain currencies i would nt touch with a barge pole....Swissie, Can D  and any of the exotics....Cable and i are old friends....but can be **** bag to trade...Oz is OK , if you have a firm view of the commodity/oil market ...but its not in my time zone....Euro ...so boring ...Euro yen ok,  go with the stochastics...I trade wheat/corn/beans , oil , fx and Index...What about you ? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Dull morning after a brief early burst from Dax but Dow currently working it's way up to near term resistance .

M15 charts;

image.png.030b2d4e889c537594f4fa669207c149.png

image.png.7b56e536594ad77f446400177a122e68.png

Edited by Caseynotes
  • Like 1
  • Great! 1

31 minutes ago, cheviot said:

Mmm  There are certain currencies i would nt touch with a barge pole....Swissie, Can D  and any of the exotics....Cable and i are old friends....but can be **** bag to trade...Oz is OK , if you have a firm view of the commodity/oil market ...but its not in my time zone....Euro ...so boring ...Euro yen ok,  go with the stochastics...I trade wheat/corn/beans , oil , fx and Index...What about you ? 

I'm open to trading all things except cyrpto.   FX seems to have rules of its own though that I haven't fully worked out.

He's clearly appealing to a select few of the American electorate, most of them have less than $400 in savings :(

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dmedin said:

I'm open to trading all things except cyrpto.   FX seems to have rules of its own though that I haven't fully worked out.

Amen!

Holding about 7 types of crypto but feel pointless in trading it. 

Got trades pointing downwards currently on FTSE and hoping for some middle east doom & gloom to cash in on🤣

• Like 2

Dow and S&P blast off up into clear space, Dax clears recent resistance, Ftse needs to break daily chart resistance to move on to the weekly resistance.

US NFP today, the Wednesday ADP nfp was a good beat so maybe the same today.

h/t to FXStreet for the ADP/NFP payrolls comparison chart.

image.thumb.png.fff08f0a3ad8ac4e364d82c4cdd151a1.png

image.thumb.png.381107e423a226ac496ff1e2278d242a.png

image.thumb.png.030b25a89d0808b9c389ea315dd929bd.png

image.thumb.png.0570df0284cbeae7034d190cfb05c188.png

• Great! 1

Dax and Dow starting the London session looking for support;

M15 charts;

image.png.1ce23acc27c393305afd41beda383b8a.png

Dow Fib projection 29084, and coincides with 1.618 extension.....makes it a B top ......Careful out there my bullish friends,.....B tops are traps .....

Characterised by low volume and poor market internals.....Sounds familiar ???  Look at the market commentaries....Nobody s very sure why the market is here.....Talk of Trump trade deal.....Yeah fine.....In the price...End of war with Iran.....????/   Low interest rates ???  Look at the bond market ....10 yr Us much more likely to look at 2 % than 1.7%......

Edited by cheviot
  • Thought provoking 1

1 minute ago, dmedin said:

No movement this morning ... slow day :(

What are you watching today other than Index s   ?  

Lineal regression line based on the current rally projected for the year ahead, don't strain your neck.

image.thumb.png.ee8bfef09c6e6c129e49c844f40621af.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Lineal regression line based on the current rally projected for the year ahead, don't strain your neck.

Love it....!  What can I say.....I  ll get bullish around Sp 4000 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dmedin said:

No movement this morning ... slow day :(

sometime you see some early movement on a nfp day but always quietens down as the hour approaches.

• Great! 1

1 minute ago, cheviot said:

Love it....!  What can I say.....I  ll get bullish around Sp 4000 

nothing like wild optimism to get the blood pumping lol. 

8 minutes ago, cheviot said:

What are you watching today other than Index s   ?  

Looking for EUR movement (dollar getting stronger?) and seeing if crude oil will pick up again.  Looking out for a chance to get back in on gold or silver as well.  Nothing seems to be moving though lol except EUR/USD.

16 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Not too shabby, about at 32% return over the year...Donald will be happy.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Looking for EUR movement (dollar getting stronger?) and seeing if crude oil will pick up again.  Looking out for a chance to get back in on gold or silver as well.  Nothing seems to be moving though lol except EUR/USD.

I traded out of my cable posi at 6 am...went short and made a few points back...when London came in pre numbers.  Looking at Yen ....Stong resistance at 109.60  If she breaks ....Which I think it will ...Might get a run to 110.60 Which is 0.618 % of the down move from Y122....    Looking at buying Wheat too...but not easy to job in and out of that....(Chicago) 

Limit short Apple...😬    Almost limit short Us 500 😰  Got a brand new pair of undies on  lol

Edited by cheviot
  • Like 1
  • Great! 1

The Nasdaq tech 100 is a stormin' Norman 🥳

1401806465_USTech100_20200110_11_33.thumb.png.778738e9ac4d588c9283a415826522e8.png

28 minutes ago, cheviot said:

Looking at Yen ....Stong resistance at 109.60  If she breaks ....Which I think it will ...Might get a run to 110.60 Which is 0.618 % of the down move from Y122..

Yes, USD/JPY is charging ahead 🥳🐮